News: Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO.OQ)
2 Jul 2015
Tue, Jun 30 2015
- Cisco Systems Inc said on Tuesday it would buy OpenDNS, a privately held cloud-based security firm, for $635 million, the latest move to boost its security business as cyber attacks increase in number and sophistication.
* Cisco to continue to pursue M&A in security -executive (Adds quote from executive, background details)
June 30 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday:
June 30 - Cisco Systems Inc said on Tuesday it would buy OpenDNS, a privately held cloud-based security company, for $635 million in cash and equity awards.
* Schneider Electric and Cisco partner to build resilient control system networks Source text: http://bit.ly/1T0fej3 Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* To continue negotiating with Cisco to sign the final agreement of payments, which is consistent with the financing agreement signed with banks Source text for Eikon:
WASHINGTON - General Motors Co plans to begin testing new Cisco Systems Inc technology that could allow "talking" cars to share radio communication bands with roadside Wi-Fi devices, a GM executive told U.S. lawmakers.
WASHINGTON, June 24 - General Motors Co plans to begin testing new Cisco Systems Inc technology that could allow "talking" cars to share radio communication bands with roadside Wi-Fi devices, a GM executive told U.S. lawmakers.
* Outgoing CEO Chambers says achieving 5 percent of total revenues from India in five years 'seems like a reality now'
* To invest up to $20 million directly and indirectly in india over the next five years
- The Dow Divergence Is A Good Thing
- ePLUS: Poised To Benefit From Explosion Of The Cloud, Big Data And Mobile
- Will Cisco Systems (CSCO) Stock Be Helped by $635 Million Software Security Firm Purchase?
- Can Cisco Pull Its Weight As A Barbell-Type Pick?
- 10 Best Growth Cities for Tech Jobs
- Dow Trading Range Screen - Oversold To End Q2
- Cisco Completes Acquisition of Cariden
- Toothpaste, Toilet Paper and Texting -- Say Good Morning to Gen Y
- Cisco Helps Cable Service Providers Get Closer to CCAP With New CMTS Modules
- Cisco Completes Acquisition of Cloupia
- Tomorrow Starts Here
- Cisco Deploys for Hrvatski Telekom d.d. an End-to-End Solution for First Phase of TeraStream Network in Croatia
- Cisco Will Upgrade the Telefonica Network Through Its Next-Generation Core & Edge Network Solution
- Cisco Enables PT Telkom to Become a Wi-Fi Leader in Asia
- / CORRECTION - Cisco Wealth Management Study Reveals $31 Billion Revenue Opportunity With Younger, Tech-Savvy Investors
- Cisco Wealth Management Study Reveals $31 Billion Revenue Opportunity With Younger, Tech-Savvy Investors