News: Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO.OQ)
Fri, Sep 12 2014
TIANJIN CHINA - The sheer size of the Chinese market is so alluring to Western companies that even pro-internet freedom firms like CloudFlare may have to put moral outrage to the side in their pursuit of new business.
TIANJIN, CHINA Sept 12 - The sheer size of the Chinese market is so alluring to Western companies that even pro-internet freedom firms like CloudFlare may have to put moral outrage to the side in their pursuit of new business.
LAS VEGAS - Regulating internet providers more like public utility companies could hurt the Internet and the U.S. economy, more than two dozen network technology and equipment makers have told U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker.
- Network equipment maker Cisco Systems Inc said on Thursday its plan to slash 6,000 jobs will result in restructuring charges of $700 million in cash in the year ending July 2015.
- Cisco Systems Inc forecast tepid current-quarter results and said it plans to cut another 6,000 jobs, as the network equipment maker works through a transition toward a new cycle of high-end switches and routers.
- Network equipment maker Cisco Systems Inc said it would take restructuring charges of $700 million in cash in the year ending July 2015 related to its plan to cut 6,000 jobs.
(Adds analyst quote, background on CEO and on company history)
* Dow up 0.1 pct, S&P and Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates to market open)
* Dow down 2 pts, S&P down 0.5 pt, Nasdaq up 1.25 pt (Updates prices, adds economic data and Putin comments)
NEW YORK, Aug 14 - U.S. stock index futures edged higher on Thursday, with investors reluctant to make big bets following a sharp rally in the previous session and amid signs of weak conditions in Europe.
- Why EMC (EMC) Stock Continues to Rise Today
- How A New Image Could Rejuvenate Cisco
- Why EMC (EMC) Stock Hit a One-Year High Today
- Today's Market: Takeover Speculation Running Rampant
- Wall Street Breakfast: Siemens To Acquire Dresser-Rand For $7.6B
- InsiderInsights.com Daily Round Up 9/20/14: OPK, RSG, VHC, GMAN
- Cisco Completes Acquisition of Cariden
- Toothpaste, Toilet Paper and Texting -- Say Good Morning to Gen Y
- Cisco Helps Cable Service Providers Get Closer to CCAP With New CMTS Modules
- Leading Tech Analyst Publishes Updated Outlooks on Ciena, Cisco Systems, Citrix Systems, Altera, and Xilinx
- Cisco Completes Acquisition of Cloupia
- Tomorrow Starts Here
- Cisco Deploys for Hrvatski Telekom d.d. an End-to-End Solution for First Phase of TeraStream Network in Croatia
- Cisco Will Upgrade the Telefonica Network Through Its Next-Generation Core & Edge Network Solution
- Top Analyst Updates Outlook on Apple and Other Tech Stocks
- Cisco Enables PT Telkom to Become a Wi-Fi Leader in Asia