News: Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE)
21 Nov 2014
Fri, Nov 14 2014
CALGARY, Alberta, Nov 14 - Cenovus Energy Inc , Canada's No.2 independent oil producer, said on Friday it has received regulatory approval for its Telephone Lake oil sands project, a facility that could eventually produce more than 300,000 barrels of oil per day.
(Adds Spirit Pub, Farrow & Ball, Telecom Italia, Cenovus and Unicredit)
(Recasts with details and comments throughout; updates shares)
* TSX up 150.84 points, or 1.1 percent, at 14,462.91 * Nine of the 10 main index groups rise * Energy sector up 2.4 percent, materials down 0.5 percent By Solarina Ho TORONTO, Oct 23 - Canada's main stock index was sharply higher on Thursday, propelled by a strong rebound in the energy sector, as it regained some ground after a steep drop the previous session that was spurred partly by a gunman's incursion into the Parliament buildings in Ottawa and the deadly shooting
CALGARY, Alberta, Oct 23 - Cenovus Energy Inc , Canada's No.2 independent oil producer, said on Thursday it believes it is not realizing the full potential of its freehold lands and third-party royalty production and is now assessing options to boost their value.
Oct 23 - Cenovus Energy Inc, Canada's No.2 independent oil producer, said its quarterly profit fell 4 percent, hurt by an unplanned outage at a refinery.
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept 17 - Cenovus Energy Inc , Canada's No. 2 independent oil producer, said on Wednesday it has begun producing oil from the sixth expansion stage of its Foster Creek oil sands project, adding 30,000 barrels per day of new capacity at the northern Alberta site.
CALGARY, Alberta, Aug 11 - Cenovus Energy said on Monday production at its 114,000 barrel-per-day Foster Creek oil sands project in northern Alberta will be impacted by approximately 30 percent during a two-week-long partial turnaround in the third quarter.
* TSX up 78.27 points, or 0.51 percent, at 15,524.82 * Eight of 10 main index sectors decline * Cenovus, MEG jump after reporting results * Penn West tumbles on news of financial restatement By Leah Schnurr and John Tilak TORONTO, July 30 - Canada's main stock index had its highest close on record on Wednesday, boosted by positive U.S. economic data and the Federal Reserve's commentary on the outlook for monetary policy. The U.S. central bank, which indicated t
(Adds analyst's comment, CEO quote, details on oil sands production)
- Oil, Physics And Time Travel
- Why You Should Invest In The Canadian Oil Sands
- Canadian Oil Sands: Proceed With Caution
- How Much Does It Cost To Produce 1 Barrel Of Oil From Oil Sands? - Part II
- Oil Companies Sensitive To The Oil Price Decline And Those That Are Not
- Birchcliff Energy: Dramatically Oversold And Offering 50% Upside
- Cenovus gains approval for Telephone Lake oil sands project
- Technical Coverage on Integrated Oil and Gas Equities - Exxon Mobil, Occidental Petroleum, Cenovus Energy, Suncor Energy, and Hess
- Cenovus donates $450,000 to Medicine Hat School District
- Cenovus oil sands production increases 23%
- Cenovus to hold conference call and webcast on third quarter 2014 results
- Technical Insight on Oil, Gas and Consumable Fuels Equities - Peabody Energy, Cameco, Golar LNG, Petroleo Brasileiro, and Cenovus Energy
- Cenovus provides update on Foster Creek
- Cenovus listed among the world's best corporate citizens
- Cenovus to present at Peters & Co. Limited Energy Conference
- Cenovus to present at Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference