News: Cemex SAB de CV (CX.N)
24 Dec 2014
Thu, Dec 18 2014
MEXICO CITY, Dec 18 - Mexico's Cemex, one of the world's biggest cement makers, said on Thursday that its subsidiary, Cemex Latam Holdings, will invest $35 million over 3 years to increase capacity at its plant in Colorado, Costa Rica.
(Corrects to show Cemex spokesman says he was referring to cement prices in 2014, not 2015)
MEXICO CITY, Nov 5 - Mexico's Cemex expects U.S. cement prices to increase between 5 percent and 6 percent on average in 2015, the company's CEO Fernando Gonzalez said on Wednesday.
ZURICH - Switzerland's Holcim has received more than 60 bids for assets it must sell to win regulatory approval for a merger with Lafarge , the cement company said as it reported third-quarter results that missed expectations.
ZURICH, Oct 30 - Holcim said on Thursday it no longer planned to form a joint organisation with rival Cemex in Spain because of changes in the strategic landscape of the cement industry following its proposed merger with Lafarge.
(Rewrites headline, paragraphs 1-5 with details from call)
MEXICO CITY, Oct 23 - Shares in Cemex extended early gains after the company's CEO on Thursday said the Mexican cement maker is not interested in any assets its rivals Lafarge and Holcim may sell as a result of their proposed merger.
Oct 23 - Mexican cement maker Cemex will not make an offer for assets of its rivals Lafarge and Holcim that are available due to their proposed merger, Cemex CEO Fernando Gonzalez said in a conference call with analysts on Thursday.
MEXICO CITY, Oct 23 - Mexico's Cemex on Thursday said its 2014 investment spending would be $765 million, up from its previous forecast of $670 million. (Reporting by Elinor Comlay Editing by W Simon)
MEXICO CITY, Oct 23 - Mexico's Cemex, one of the world's biggest cement makers, on Thursday said its third-quarter loss narrowed to $106 million, helped by higher sales.
- Irrational Exuberance: The Cuban Edition
- Comparing North America's 3 Largest Cement Companies
- Energy Sector Reforms Raising Expectations for Mexican Stocks
- CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V.'s (CX) CEO Fernando Angel González Olivieri on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Cemex, S.A.B. de C.V. (CX) Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Webcast
- America Movil, Cemex Are Stellar Values Says RSQ Fund Manager
- CEMEX to Resume Tepeaca Plant Expansion
- CEMEX Increases New Bank Loan to U.S.$1.87 Billion and Successfully Concludes Amendment to Facilities Agreement
- CEMEX and Holcim Agree on Series of Transactions in Europe
- Construction Materials Equities Technical Data - Cemex, CRH PLC, Eagle Materials, Vulcan Materials, and Martin Marietta Materials
- CEMEX Reports Third-Quarter 2014 Results
- CEMEX Announces Expiration and Final Settlement of its Tender Offer for Certain Senior Secured Notes
- CEMEX Obtains New Bank Loan under Improved Conditions
- CEMEX Announces Pricing of U.S.$200 Million in Contingent Convertible Units
- CEMEX Announces Early Tender Results for Certain Senior Secured Notes And Early Settlement of Tender Offer
- Watch List for Materials Sector Equities - Cemex, Vulcan Materials, Martin Marietta Materials, Domtar, and Fibria Celulose