News: Danone SA (DANO.PA)
Wed, Sep 3 2014
LONDON - U.S. drugmaker Hospira’s HSP.N talks to buy the medical nutrition unit of Danone DANO.PA and use the deal to move its tax domicile abroad have stalled, according to people familiar with the matter, as attempts by U.S. companies to relocate abroad and cut their tax bills draw growing criticism back home.
Sept 3 - DANONE : * Shares open up 1.10 percent after governance change
PARIS - Danone said on Tuesday that Chairman and Chief Executive Franck Riboud would split his role after 18 years at the helm of the world's largest yoghurt maker, which is grappling with a series of setbacks in Asia and in Europe.
* Changes will take effect Oct. 1 (Adds analyst comments, background, details)
PARIS, Sept 2 - French food group Danone , which is grappling with sluggish sales of baby food in Asia and weak dairy revenue in Europe, said it would split the chairman and CEO functions, naming Emmanuel Faber as CEO, while current CEO Franck Riboud would stay on as chairman.
MOSCOW/LONDON - Western multinationals like Nestle, Unilever and McDonalds will feel only a limited effect from Russia's ban on certain food imports from Europe and the United States, since they largely produce domestically.
(Adds CFO comment on emerging markets, shares, background)
ZURICH - Nestle , the world's biggest food group, announced an 8 billion Swiss franc ($8.8 billion) share buyback and stood by its full-year sales forecast on Thursday, after revenue growth in emerging markets picked up in the second quarter.
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.1 pct, Euro STOXX 50 down 0.03 pct
July 28 - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
- REG-DANONE : Information on the total number of voting rights and shares
- REG-DANONE :Change in Danone's Governance
- REG-DANONE: Information on the total number of voting rights and shares
- DANONE :Notification of availability of Danone's 2014 interim financial report
- DANONE :2014 First-Half Results
- DANONE :Danone partners with Brookside, East Africa's leading Dairy Products company
- OTC Markets Group Announces Second Quarter Performance of OTCM ADR Index and OTCQX ADR 30 Index
- DANONE: Information on the total number of voting rights and shares
- DANONE : Half-Year liquidity contract statement
- DANONE :Danone announces plan to close plants in Casale Cremasco (Italy), Hagenow (Germany) and Budapest (Hungary)