Danone SA (DANO.PA)
Thu, Jul 28 2016
PARIS Danone reported stronger-than-expected first-half results on Thursday, helped by cost control, price increases and improving sales at its core dairy division in Europe following a revamp of its Danonino and Actimel yoghurt brands.
* WhiteWave Foods acquisition plan on track - CFO (Adds CFO comments to analysts, shares, analyst comments)
PARIS, July 28 French food group Danone posted a stronger-than-expected rise in first-half operating profit on Thursday, helped by cost control and improving sales at its core dairy division.
* The Whitewave Foods Co ratings placed on creditwatch positive on acquisition by Danone
PARIS France's Danone said on Thursday it would double the size of its U.S. business by buying organic foods producer WhiteWave Foods Co for $10.4 billion in its largest acquisition since 2007. | Video
* Danone, WhiteWave shares hit record highs (Adds details on the deal, analysts comment, updates shares)
BRIEF-Whitewave Foods - To pay Danone termination fee of $310 mln if merger is terminated under certain circumstances
* Co will be required to pay Danone termination fee of $310 million in cash if merger is terminated under certain circumstances
BRIEF-Danone CEO- WhiteWave deal will allow us to play a bigger role in influencing promotion and shelf organization at retailers
* CEO on regulatory concerns for deal- "I would say our product categories are not overlapping"
* WhiteWave's organic focus has helped outperform rivals (Adds analysts' comments, updates share price, deal context)
LONDON, July 7 European shares rose on Thursday after a three-day losing streak, buoyed by gains in major consumer goods stocks such as Danone and Associated British Foods.