News: Danone SA (DANO.PA)
Fri, Jul 18 2014
* Brookside had 2013 sales of around 130 mln euros (Adds analyst comment, background on family, share move)
PARIS, July 18 - French food group Danone said on Friday it was buying a 40 percent stake in Brookside, East Africa's top dairy producer, as part of plans to expand in new markets amid weak growth in Europe and a slowing economy in China.
* Wheat prices near 4-month lows, corn prices also falling
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.1 pct, pulls away from 1-month low
** Shares in Danone rise 3 percent, second top gainers on the broad STOXX 600 index.
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.2 pct, pulls away from 1-month low
* Danone shares outperform CAC-40 index of French blue chips (Adds analyst comments, context)
PARIS, June 11 - French food group Danone PA> said on Wednesday it planned to close plants in Italy, Germany and Hungary, and cut 325 jobs to cope with falling fresh dairy sales in Europe amid a lasting economic downturn.
PARIS - The French government gave itself the power to block foreign corporate takeovers in "strategic" sectors on Thursday, throwing up a potential roadblock to General Electric's $16.9 billion bid for Alstom's energy assets.
* Decree allows block on foreign takeovers in some sectors
- DANONE :Danone partners with Brookside, East Africa's leading Dairy Products company
- OTC Markets Group Announces Second Quarter Performance of OTCM ADR Index and OTCQX ADR 30 Index
- DANONE: Information on the total number of voting rights and shares
- DANONE : Half-Year liquidity contract statement
- DANONE :Danone announces plan to close plants in Casale Cremasco (Italy), Hagenow (Germany) and Budapest (Hungary)
- DANONE :Information on the total number of voting rights and shares
- CORRECTION: DANONE :Result of the option to receive the 2013 dividend payment in shares
- DANONE :Result of the option to receive the 2013 dividend payment in shares
- DANONE : Information on the total number of voting rights and shares
- DANONE :2014 Danone Shareholders' Meeting