News: E I du Pont de Nemours and Co (DD)
1 Oct 2014
- Activist investor Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management LP urged DuPont to break itself up, saying that efforts already underway at the industrial conglomerate to shed some of its businesses were not enough to fix what it called the company's "underperformance."
NEW YORK, Sept 17 - Materials stocks were trading higher on Wednesday as the best performing of the 10 major S&P sectors heading into the midpoint of the session, led by gains in DuPont and Nucor Corp.
* Seeks separation of agriculture from cyclical businesses
NEW YORK, Sept 17 - U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday, ahead of a key statement by the Federal Reserve which is expected to provide clues on the next monetary policy move by the U.S. central bank.
** Chemical conglomerate's shares up 3.5 pct at $68.17 premarket
Sept 17 - Activist investor Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management has called for a break up of DuPont, arguing that the diversified chemicals company's overly complex and bloated corporate structure overburdens its seven business lines, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- DuPont will pay a $1.85 million penalty to resolve allegations that the global chemical company did not properly disclose the risks of using one of its herbicides, leading to widespread damage to tree species through several U.S. states.
Sept 15 - DuPont will pay a $1.85 million penalty to resolve allegations that the global chemical company did not properly disclose the risks of using one of its herbicides, leading to widespread damage to tree species through several U.S. states.
- 'Tax Inversions' Are Tip Of An Iceberg That Already Cost The U.S. Treasury Hundreds Of Billions
- DuPont: Should You Take Your Chips Off The Table Or Stay Invested?
- Investing In Chemical Stocks For Income - LyondellBasell Comes Out In Top
- Valuation Shortcuts For DuPont
- Cramer's Lightning Round - Micron Is In No Man's Land (9/18/14)
- Surviving A Worst-Case Scenario To Become A Dividend Growth Investor
- Acquisition Agreement, Conference Call Schedule, Industry Updates, and Market Activity - Research Reports on Sigma-Aldrich, EOG, DuPont, CARBO and Freeport
- DuPont(TM) Kevlar(R) in Mining Provides Increased Productivity, Reduced Cost
- DuPont India Consumer Study: India's Confidence in Green & Biobased Products is Highest in Global Index
- Technical Updates and Event Schedule - Research Reports on EOG, Williams, LyondellBasell, Freeport and Du Pont
- DuPont Statement Regarding Trian
- DuPont Opens Innovation Center in Shanghai
- Upcoming Events, Appointment, Technical Update, and Asset Sale - Research Reports on Continental, Du Pont, US Silica, LyondellBasell and Suncor
- Technical Data on Chemicals Equities -- E.I. du Pont de Nemours, Olin, Celanese, Ashland, and Chemtura
- DuPont Names Gregory R. Friedman as Vice President of Investor Relations
- DuPont Protection Technologies Sale of the DuPont(TM) Sontara(R) Business to Jacob Holm Complete