News: Discover Financial Services (DFS.N)
6 Dec 2013
Mon, Oct 21 2013
- Discover Financial Services reported a 7 percent fall in quarterly profit that narrowly missed Wall Street estimates as the credit card company put aside more money to cover defaults.
* Provisions for loan losses up at $333 mln vs $136 mln last year
- Discover Financial Services' quarterly profit beat market estimates as loans increased in its credit card business and interest charges declined.
July 23 - Discover Financial Services' quarterly profit beat market estimates as loans increased in its credit card business and interest charges declined.
July 23 - Credit card company Discover Financial Services reported a 15 percent rise in quarterly profit as loan growth and lower interest expense boosted net interest income.
- The Most Risk-Averse Recovery Ever
- Peer-To-Peer Lending's Threat To Bank Earnings
- Attractively Priced Dividend Growers With A Very Low Payout
- Comparative Valuation Of General Electric Retail Finance IPO
- Capital One, Discover Are Bargains as Industry Resumes Growth
- 5 Big Stocks to Trade for Big Gains: Must-See Charts
- #FanLoyalty: Half of College Football Fans Support Their Teams on Social Media
- Share Price Updates, Presentation Schedules, and Campaigns - Research Report on Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Capital One, and Discover
- Black Friday Changes Color as Discover Sends Orange-Clad Crew to Michigan Avenue to Ease Shoppers’ Frustrations
- Black Friday Changes Color as Discover Sends Orange-Clad Crew to Chicago’s Famed Michigan Avenue to Ease Shoppers’ Frustrations
- Discover Financial Services to Present at Goldman Sachs Financial Services Conference
- Announcements, Recognitions, Launches and Holiday Tips by Credit Services Companies - Research Report on MasterCard, Capital One, Western Union, Discover Financial, and Sallie Mae
- Pre-Market Review: Discover Financial Services, SLM Corp., CIT Group Inc., and CapitalSource Inc.
- Save Some Leftovers: 4 in 10 College Football Fans Would Choose Free 50 Yard Line Seats over Thanksgiving Dinner
- Seventy-Three Percent of Hockey Fans Will Put the Shopping Bags Down on Black Friday to Watch the Bruins Faceoff against the Rangers
- Discover Provides Free FICO® Scores to Discover it Cardmembers on Their Monthly Statements