Walt Disney Co (DIS)
31 Aug 2016
Tue, Aug 9 2016
Walt Disney Co's quarterly profit and revenue on Tuesday beat analysts' estimates fueled by movie studio hits, and the media company said it was taking a stake in a streaming video technology company to sell more content directly to consumers.
Aug 9 Walt Disney Co's quarterly profit and revenue on Tuesday beat analysts' estimates fueled by movie studio hits, and the media company said it was taking a stake in a streaming video technology company to sell more content directly to consumers.
* The walt disney company reports third quarter and nine months earnings for fiscal 2016
* Under terms of transaction, disney will pay $1 billion in two installments
Aug 9 Walt Disney Co reported a 9 percent rise in quarterly revenue, fueled by the box-office success of "The Jungle Book".
BRIEF-Time Warner signs affiliate agreement for new Hulu Live-Streaming Service to Carry Turner Networks
* Time warner joins Hulu as equity owner and signs affiliate agreement for new Hulu live-streaming service to carry turner networks
* Announced "Destination: Disney Style", a new Youtube series Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1-646-223-8780)
* Says it has filed for a debt shelf; size undisclosed - SEC Filing Source - http://bit.ly/29W7RIz Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom; +1 646 223 8780)
* Holdco lowered threshold needed for acceptances under exchange offer from 75 pct to 60 pct of Deutsche Börse shares
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, July 07 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'A' rating to The Walt Disney Company's (Disney) offering of benchmark-sized three-, 10, and 30-year senior unsecured notes. The Rating Outlook is Stable. The proceeds from the offering are expected to be used for general corporate purpose including the repayment of outstanding debt. Fitch currently rates Disney's Issuer Default Rating (IDR) 'A'. Approximately $21.1 billion
- Chinese Billionaire Wants To Make Disneyland Shanghai Crumble Within 2 Decades
- Revamping My Dividend Growth Portfolio
- One-Time Cash Infusion: How I'm Handling It
- The Possibility Of A Netflix-Hulu Merger
- Dogs Of The Dow Analysts See UnitedHealth As Top Gainer In August
- 88 Stock Picks For The Next 30 Years (Or More)