Dollar Tree Inc (DLTR.OQ)
26 Aug 2016
Thu, Aug 25 2016
* Dollar Tree 2nd-qtr sales $5.00 bln vs est $5.09 bln (Adds details from Dollar General call, analyst comment, updates shares)
BRIEF-Dollar Tree CFO- "Consumer still seeing a lot of pressure on costs increase with rent and food and health care and taxes"
* On conf call- opened a total of 99 new Dollar Tree stores in Q2
Dollar Tree Inc , the biggest U.S. discount chain, reported lower-than-expected quarterly comparable sales and cited a "challenging" retail environment.
Aug 25 Dollar Tree Inc, the biggest U.S. discount chain, reported lower-than-expected quarterly comparable sales and cited a "challenging" retail environment.
* Dollar tree, Inc reports results for the second quarter fiscal 2016
* Shared back-office functions created to leverage costs across both banners
* The Vitamin Shoppe expands executive team with hiring of chief operating officer
Discount retailers Dollar Tree Inc and Dollar General Corp reported better-than-expected profits as more people visited their stores and spent more on average, sending their shares to record highs.
* Dollar General, Dollar Tree shares hit record high (Adds details from conference call, analyst comment; updates shares)
* On conf call- top-performing categories included household products, food, snacks and beverage and party supplies
- Was The Sell-Off Justified?
- Dollar Tree's (DLTR) CEO Bob Sasser on Q2 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Tracking Stephen Mandel's Lone Pine Capital Portfolio - Q2 2016 Update
- Game Plan For The Week - Cramer's Mad Money (8/22/16)
- Where Did Consumers Shop In Q2 2016?
- Mid-August Layoffs Announced