Dow Chemical Co (DOW)
18 Aug 2017
Thu, Aug 17 2017
BRIEF-South Africa's competition tribunal conditionally approves Dowdupont and Dow Chemical Co and E.I. Du Pont de Nemours and Co merger
* CONDITIONALLY APPROVED MERGER BETWEEN DOWDUPONT AND DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY AND E.I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS AND COMPANY (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Dow Chemical's CEO Andrew Liveris says "I condemn the violence this weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia" Further company coverage:
KHOBAR, Saudi Arabia, Aug 14 Saudi-based Sadara Chemical Co, a $20 billion joint venture between Saudi Aramco and U.S. firm Dow Chemical has commissioned the last plant at its petrochemicals complex in Jubail, Saudi Aramco said on Monday.
* Companies continue to expect intended spin-offs to occur within 18 months of closing
Chemical companies Dow Chemical Co and DuPont are seeing increased benefits in building sustainable "green" products, as they look for newer avenues of growth and build a stronger connection with millenials.
July 27 Chemical companies Dow Chemical Co and DuPont are seeing increased benefits in building sustainable "green" products, as they look for newer avenues of growth and build a stronger connection with millenials.
Price hikes and strong demand helped Dow Chemical Co beat Wall Street estimates in its last quarter before the chemicals giant merges with DuPont .
* Revenue up 16 pct (Adds conference call details, analyst comment, share movement)
* Sees Q3 Dow revenue $13.0 billion to $13.5 billion - presentation
BRIEF-Dow Chemical Co CFO says expect total cost synergy of more than $650 mln across Dow - conf call
* Dow Chemical Co CFO says expect total cost synergy of more than $650 million across Dow, up more than 50 percent from previously stated target - conf call Further company coverage:
- H.B. Fuller: Execution Stumbles Raise Concerns
- Global Oligopolies - Investing In Concentrated Businesses
- 20 Dividend Growth Stocks With Growth
- Tracking Nelson Peltz's Trian Fund Management Portfolio - Q2 2017 Update
- Tracking Dan Loeb's Third Point Portfolio - Q2 2017 Update
- Dow-DuPont: The Activist Horsemen