Dow Chemical Co (DOW)
25 May 2017
Wed, May 24 2017
Activist investor Daniel Loeb's Third Point LLC said Dow Chemical and DuPont could unlock $20 billion in additional value by tweaking their plan to split into three companies following their merger.
* Says plan can help cos exceed save more than $3 bln post merger (Adds details, shares)
May 17 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Wednesday:
BRASILIA Brazil approved the planned merger of Dow Chemical Co and DuPont on Wednesday, conditioned on a global divestment plan including its Brazilian corn seed business.
* Dow and DuPont receive conditional regulatory approval in Brazil for proposed merger of equals
BRASILIA, May 17 Brazil approved the planned merger of Dow Chemical Co and DuPont on Wednesday, conditioned on a global divestment plan including its Brazilian corn seed business.
* Jana Partners LLC takes sole share stake in Dow Chemical Co of 3.55 million shares- sec filing
Dow Chemical Co , which is merging with DuPont , said Chief Executive Andrew Liveris would retire as chairman of the combined DowDuPont company in July 2018.
* Investments include expanding Dow's Texas cracker (Adds details)
* Chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris will serve as Executive Chairman of DowDuPont from closing of merger transaction through April 1, 2018
- Market's In A Confusing Zone - Cramer's Mad Money (5/24/17)
- Tracking Larry Robbins's Glenview Capital Management Portfolio - Q1 2017 Update
- Going Long With W.G. - Exclusive Research From WG Investment Research
- Tracking Ole Andreas Halvorsen's Viking Global Portfolio - Q1 2017 Update
- Tracking Dan Loeb's Third Point Portfolio - Q1 2017 Update
- Dow Chemical Co. 2017 Q1 - Results - Earnings Call Slides