News: Dow Chemical Co (DOW)
29 Jul 2014
Sun, Jul 27 2014
July 27 - Shares of Dow Chemical Co could keep rising due to an underappreciated base of assets and continued pressure from activist investor Daniel Loeb, Barron's newspaper reported in its July 28 edition.
* Dow down 0.2 pct; S&P 500 up 0.2 pct; Nasdaq up 0.4 pct (Updates to close)
- Dow Chemical Co DOW.N said it would raise about $1 billion from the sale of corporate assets such as rail cars and that it was reviewing joint ventures, part of a plan to raise as much as $6 billion through asset sales.
* Higher prices, lower costs boost margins across most units
July 23 - Dow Chemical Co said its second-quarter net profit fell 62 percent from a year earlier, when it received $2.2 billion in damages from Kuwait's state chemical company for pulling out of a petrochemical venture in 2008.
June 26 - Chemicals maker DuPont cut its operating profit forecast for the second quarter and the full year, saying sales in its agriculture and performance chemicals units increased at a slower pace than it had expected.
ZURICH - Syngenta's SYNN.VX shares jumped on Tuesday after a media report that the Swiss crop chemical maker had been in talks about a $40 billion takeover by U.S. rival Monsanto Co MON.N to create the world's largest agrochemical company. | Video
* Syngenta declines to comment on report of Monsanto talks
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) U.S. retail sales are expected to accelerate in May in a hopeful sign for the economy. The Commerce Department is expected to report that sales rose 0.6 percent last month, after rising 0.1 percent in April. Excluding automobiles and gasoline, sales
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at. Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) WEEK AHEAD When all else fails, bond and stock markets seem to want to move higher. The S&P 500 has 2000 in its sights - a mere 2.5 percent gain away - and with little economic news and no earnings to speak of, the ongoing trend should keep the stock
- Dow Chemical: Buying Opportunity In A Good Yielding Stock
- Will This Price Target Increase Help Dow Chemical (DOW) Stock Today?
- Cramer's Lightning Round - It Is A Mistake To Write Off The Aerospace Cycle (7/23/14)
- Dow Chemical's (DOW) CEO, Andrew Liveris on Q2 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Why Dow Chemical (DOW) Stock Is Gaining Today
- Q2 2014 Dow Chemical Co Earnings Conference Call (Webcast)
- Chemicals Stocks Highlight -- Celanese, Dow Chemical, Huntsman, Eastman Chemical, and FMC Corp.
- Dow Reports Second Quarter Results
- The Dow Chemical Company to Join BlackLine Systems, SAP for Webinar on Accelerating the Financial Close Using the BlackLine Financial Close Suite for SAP® Solutions
- EPA Grants VOC-Exempt Status to ANGUS’ AMP Multifunctional Paint Additive
- R&D Magazine Recognizes Dow’s Science-Driven Innovations As Top Technology Products of the Year
- Science: Enhancing the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ Field of Play
- Dow Electronic Materials Wins Texas Instruments' 2013 Supplier Excellence Award
- Conference Call Schedules, Awards, License Grants, Upcoming Facility - Analyst Notes on Chevron, ConocoPhillips, LyondellBasell, Dow and Cabot Oil & Gas
- Dow to Begin Construction on New World-Scale Ethylene Production Facility in Texas on June 30
- Diversified Chemicals Stocks in Motion -- Research on Dow Chemical, Huntsman, Eastman Chemical, and FMC Corp.