News: Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N)
24 Dec 2014
Mon, Nov 24 2014
DUBAI - Dow Chemical Co Chief Executive Andrew Liveris, speaking at a conference in Dubai, said on Monday he did not mind low oil prices because his company makes money in other businesses.
DUBAI - U.S. petrochemicals giant Dow Chemical Co is not pulling out of Kuwait but is shifting strategy, its chief executive said on Monday, after the company announced plans to reduce its equity positions in all of its Kuwaiti ventures.
* Euro tumbles on Draghi; Brent above $80 a barrel (Adds Wall Street closings, weekly performance details and late prices)
- Dow Chemical Co averted a proxy fight with Dan Loeb's hedge fund, Third Point LLC, by agreeing to add four independent directors to its board, sending its shares up as much as 4.5 percent.
Nov 21 - Dow Chemical Co averted a proxy fight with Dan Loeb's hedge fund, Third Point LLC, by agreeing to add four independent directors to its board, sending its shares up as much as 4.5 percent.
Nov 21 - Dow Chemical Co said it would add four independent directors to its board as part of an agreement with hedge fund Third Point LLC.
Nov 17 - Crop-devouring armyworms are showing increasing resistance in some U.S. farm fields to a popular type of genetically modified crop that should kill them, scientists said on Monday.
DUBAI - Kuwait plans to offer to the public the shares in Kuwaiti joint ventures which U.S. petrochemicals giant Dow Chemical Co plans to sell off, state news agency KUNA quoted a senior Kuwaiti executive as saying.
DUBAI, Nov 16 - Kuwait plans to offer to the public the shares in Kuwaiti joint ventures which U.S. petrochemicals giant Dow Chemical Co plans to sell off, state news agency KUNA quoted a senior Kuwaiti executive as saying.
BOSTON - Hedge fund Third Point is considering launching a proxy contest at Dow Chemical Co after negotiations over board seats with the largest U.S. chemical company broke down on Thursday, two sources familiar with the talks said.
- Update: Corning Cleaning House At Dow Corning Before A Divestiture?
- Dow Chemical Moves Ahead With Its Divestiture Agenda To Improve Margins
- Dow Chemical: A Strong Buy As Share Price Approaches $40 A Share
- Update: Corning Acquires Leading Provider Of Fiber-Optic And Copper Cable/Components
- DuPont: Chemical Companies Under Fire From Activists
- Axiall: Time To 'Throw In The Towel'
- Momentum Indicators for Diversified Chemicals Equities -- Dow Chemical, E.I. du Pont de Nemours, FMC Corp., Olin, and Eastman Chemical
- How it All Plays Out - New Report on Cytec Industries, Deltic Timber, Dominion Diamond, Domtar and Dow Chemical
- Deborah Borg Named President, Dow USA
- Johanna Söderström Named Corporate Vice President of Human Resources
- Gregory Freiwald to Retire from Dow
- Dow Develops Chromium-Free Etch for Sustainable Plating on Plastic Manufacturing
- Dow Further Advances Portfolio Management Drive, Announces Additional Divestments
- 2014 a Significant Year for Isoclast™ Active Insecticide
- Dow to Participate in Citi Basic Materials Conference
- Dow to Add New Independent Directors to Its Board