Duke Energy Corp (DUK)
1 Jul 2016
Tue, Jun 21 2016
BRIEF-Brookfield asset and China Three Gorges Corp mull bids for Duke Energy's Latin American power plants - Bloomberg
* Chinese government-owned State Power Investment Corp is also considering bid,sale could fetch more than $2 billion- Bloomberg, citing sources
* Received regulatory approval from North Carolina Utilities Commission to construct solar facilities in Davie and Union counties
* Continue to target annual dividend growth consistent with long term 4 percent to 6 percent earnings growth objective - conf call
Duke Energy Corp , the biggest U.S. power company by generation capacity, reported a lower-than-expected quarterly profit as a mild winter hurt electricity demand.
* Q1 earnings per share view $1.14 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Duke energy renewables acquires six north carolina solar projects from community energy
* Expects to own or purchase 8,000 megawatts of wind, solar and biomass capacity by 2020 - a 33 percent jump from old goal Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1 646 223 8780)
* Denial of water quality certification to constitution pipeline to have no material impact on proposed acquisition of co by Duke Energy Source text for Eikon: [ID:(http://1.usa.gov/26ty0qI) ] Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +1 646 223 8780)
Power producer Duke Energy Corp has been sued in Delaware federal court for allegedly infringing on a patent for a "smart" meter that reports information about power usage from homes and businesses back to the plant.
* NCUC has set july 18, 2016 as the date to hear Duke Energy'S and Piedmont's request for acquisition approval
- Trading The High-Yield, Low-Volatility Stocks Of The S&P 500
- Brexit Isn't The Biggest Concern, It's Inflation And Deflation's Double-Edged-Sword
- AEP Is Not Very Inviting
- PEY: A Better Place To Stash Cash - Smartly
- Brexit: Defensive Investing With Utilities?
- Exchange Traded Debt: Income For The Yield-Starved - Part II, The Post-Brexit Edition