News: Duke Energy Corp (DUK)
14 Mar 2014
Thu, Mar 6 2014
- A North Carolina judge ruled on Thursday that Duke Energy Corp must immediately stop the sources of groundwater pollution at its 14 coal-fired power plants in the state.
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., March 3 - North Carolina regulators have cited Duke Energy Corp for environmental violations at six power plants in a probe prompted by a massive spill at one facility that dumped up to 39,000 tons of coal ash into a river used for drinking water.
- State regulators in North Carolina on Friday said Duke Energy Corp violated environmental laws and could face quotidian fines after a massive spill of toxic coal ash this month contaminated water and wildlife in the Dan River.
Feb 28 - State regulators in North Carolina on Friday said Duke Energy Corp violated environmental laws and could face quotidian fines after a massive spill of toxic coal ash this month contaminated water and wildlife in the Dan River.
RALEIGH, N.C., Feb 25 - State regulators in North Carolina may force Duke Energy Corp to move thousands of tons of coal ash from storage ponds at a power plant to a lined landfill after a massive spill this month contaminated water and wildlife in the Dan River.
Feb 19 - North Carolina on Tuesday ordered Duke Energy Corp to plug a leak of contaminated wastewater from a decommissioned power plant, which authorities in the state said might be leaking into a river that supplies drinking water.
- Duke Energy Corp , the largest U.S. power company, forecast full-year earnings above analysts' estimates as it gets the full benefit of recent rate increases.
Feb 18 - Duke Energy Corp, the largest U.S. power company, forecast full-year earnings above analysts' estimates as it gets the full benefit of recent rate increases.
Feb 18 - Duke Energy Corp, the largest power provider in the United States, reported a rise in quarterly earnings, helped by lower costs and regulatory approvals of requests to raise utility rates.
- U.S. electric power company Duke Energy Corp said on Monday that it was looking to sell off its Midwest commercial generation business, including stakes in 13 power plants, saying they offered "volatile returns" in a competitive market.
- With Market Near All Time High, Look To Defensive Stocks
- 5 Utility Trades That Could Charge Your 2014 Gains
- Duke Energy Income Investing: Dividend Growth, Inflation And Capital Appreciation
- A Lower Risk Way To Invest In Utility Stocks
- FERC Commissioner 'Bullish' on Order 1000, Says Will Benefit Investors
- Duke Energy Investors Remain Energized
- Duke Energy to complete all ice storm-related outages today; preparations under way to address new outages that may result from today's high winds
- Duke Energy continues to make progress restoring power; urges customers with meter box damage to schedule repairs now
- Duke Energy restores power to all storm-affected schools; on schedule to complete restoration to nearly all customers by Tuesday night
- Duke Energy makes progress on restoring power to customers
- Duke Energy urges customers to prepare for multi-day outages; more than 4,300 line and tree personnel to help restore power
- Total of 3,700 personnel aiding Duke Energy power restoration efforts
- Duke Energy crews responding after ice storm strikes the Carolinas
- Duke Energy Renewables acquires two solar projects from Infigen Energy, adding 40 megawatts to its California portfolio
- Charitable Contributions, Stock Price Updates, and Financial Results - Analyst Notes on Duke Energy, Southern, Exelon, PSEG, and CenterPoint Energy
- Duke Energy gives $1 million for student scholarships at Johnson C. Smith University