Essilor International SA (ESSI.PA)
26 Apr 2017
Tue, Apr 25 2017
PARIS French eyewear company Essilor , which is in the process of merging with Italian peer Luxottica , reported higher first-quarter revenues and maintained its financial targets.
PARIS, April 25 French eyewear company Essilor , which is in the process of merging with Italian peer Luxottica, reported higher first-quarter revenues and maintained its financial targets.
* French market watchdog waives mandatory bid obligation for Leonardo Del Vecchio's holding company Delfin in Essilor-Luxottica merger - document
* Transfer by Essilor International of its activities and shareholdings to its fully-owned subsidiary, Delamare Sovra, to be renamed Essilor International
* FY net income group share 31.4 million euros ($33.70 million) versus 32.0 million euros year ago
March 2 Luxottica Group CEO Massimo Vian tells analyst call:
* France's former president Nicolas Sarkozy to join board of directors in replacement of Nadra Moussalem until 2018 shareholders assembly
Feb 17 Essilor chief operating officer Laurent Vacherot says:
PARIS, Feb 17 Essilor, the world's largest maker of ophthalmic lenses, forecast 2017 revenue growth of between 3 and 5 percent at constant exchange rates and predicted a higher level of growth and profitability in the second half of the year.
* Says profit attributable to equity holders up 7.4% versus 5.9 pct revenue growth