News: Eaton Corporation PLC (ETN)
22 Aug 2014
Tue, Jul 29 2014
July 29 - Eaton Corp tempered its full-year profit forecast on Tuesday due to weaker margins in its electrical systems business and dented some Wall Street hopes for a near-term spin-off of its vehicle business, sending its shares down 6 percent.
July 29 - Eaton Corporation PLC : * CEO says not any compelling rationale for portfolio transformation * CEO says any spin-off would result in significant tax liability
- U.S. manufacturer Eaton Corp lowered the top end of its full-year profit forecast on Tuesday due to weaker margins in its electrical systems business, sending its shares down more than 3 percent.
July 29 - Eaton Corp, a maker of electrical and hydraulic systems, reported a 3 percent rise in quarterly sales and said it recorded strong bookings in its electrical and aerospace businesses.
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) Markets await next week looking for answers to a couple of specific questions: how much did the economy rebound in the second quarter, how strong is the jobs market, and is the Fed going to alter its position at all? With stock markets at a high and
- Diversified manufacturer Eaton Corp on Tuesday forecast second-quarter profit below Wall Street's target, weighed down by restructuring costs.
April 29 - Diversified manufacturer Eaton Corp on Tuesday forecast second-quarter profit below Wall Street's target, weighed down by restructuring costs.
- Diversified manufacturer Eaton Corp posted a rise in first-quarter profit that just topped analysts' estimates on Tuesday, helped by lower-than-expected costs, but forecast second-quarter earnings that appeared to lag Wall Street's target.
April 29 - Eaton Corp, the diversified maker of electrical and hydraulic systems, posted a 16 percent rise in first-quarter net income on Tuesday, despite a negative impact from rough winter weather in North America.
* French group still interested in Avio Spazio (Adds analyst, Boeing earnings, GE comparison)
- 5 Companies With Strong Dividend Yields Suitable For Enterprising Investors
- Sears Hopes to Hold On, Aeropostale Earnings, Cramer's Power Play
- 7 Elite Companies To Research This Week
- Waiting Patiently To Pounce On Serial Dividend Increaser National Oilwell Varco
- 5 Undervalued Companies For The Enterprising Investor Near 52-Week Lows
- Cramer's Mad Money - 4 Charts With Fangs (8/4/14)
- Contract Awards, Market Activity, Appointments & Dividend Declarations, and Technology Deployment - Research Reports on Caterpillar, UTC, ITW, Eaton and General Dynamics
- Executive Appointments, Dividend Declarations, Earnings, Awards, and Investments - Research Reports on Boeing, Parker-Hannifin, Caterpillar, UTC and Eaton
- Earnings Releases, Stock Repurchase, Joint Ventures, and Outlook Releases - Research Reports on Aetna, Caterpillar, Eaton, UTC and Boeing
- Eaton Second Quarter Operating Earnings Per Share of $0.41
- Eaton and Shaanxi Fast Gear Co. Ltd. Announce Joint Venture Agreement to Support Growing Commercial Clutch Market in China
- Sandra Pianalto Elected to Eaton Board of Directors
- Eaton Quarterly Dividend Payable August 22, 2014
- Eaton Clarifies Impact of Recent Divestitures and Legal Settlements on Second Quarter Earnings
- Portfolio Expansion, New Contracts, Approved Dividends, and Earnings Review Schedule - Analyst Notes on GE, Honeywell, Cummins, Eaton and ITW
- Eaton to Announce Second Quarter 2014 Earnings on July 29, 2014