News: Exelon Corp (EXC.N)
20 Aug 2014
Tue, Jul 8 2014
July 8 - Exelon Corp's 614-megawatt Oyster Creek nuclear power plant in New Jersey commenced a plant shutdown on Monday night for maintenance of safety equipment that operates valves located inside the drywell, the company said in a statement. The statement did not provide any timeline for the work at the reactor or any tentative return date. ---------------------------------------------------------- PLANT BACKGROUND/TIMELINE STATE: New Jersey COUNTY: Ocean TOWN: For
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK, May 30 - U.S. environmental regulators could throw a lifeline to the nation's ailing nuclear power fleet when they unveil landmark carbon pollution curbs next week, heeding calls from operators like Exelon Corp to acknowledge nuclear energy as a valuable way to reduce emissions.
NEW YORK, May 2 - Nuclear power producer Exelon Corp will launch next week a $7.221 billion fully committed bridge loan to back its $6.83 billion purchase of Pepco Holdings Inc, sources told Thomson Reuters LPC. The combination will create the biggest Mid-Atlantic electric and gas utility.
- Exelon Corp said it would buy Pepco Holdings Inc for $6.83 billion, helping it overtake Duke Energy Corp as the biggest power distribution company in the United States.
* Offers to buy Pepco for $6.83 bln, or $27.25/share in cash
(Adds Shell, Vale, Etihad Etisalat, America Movil and others; updates Exelon Corp)
* Twitter hits record intraday low, eBay also down after results
* Indexes: Dow, S&P little changed, Nasdaq off 0.3 pct (Updates to market open)
* Futures dip: Dow 2 pts, S&P 2 pts, Nasdaq 10 pts (Adds jobs, GDP data, comment; updates prices)
- Nuclear power company Exelon Corp agreed to buy utility company Pepco Holdings Inc for more than $5.4 billion in cash, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the transaction.
- Constellation Helps Town of Essex to Reduce Annual Electricity Use by 14 Percent with Energy Efficient Lighting
- Technical Commentary on Utilities Sector Equities -- Exelon, AGL Resources, Questar, NRG Energy, and AES Corp.
- Upcoming Conferences, Quarterly Earnings Releases, Market Activity, and Plant Updates - Research Reports on Intuitive Surgical, InterMune, Precision Castparts, Exelon and Duke Energy
- PECO Reminds You to Call 811 Before You Dig
- ComEd’s Smart Ideas® Program Provides CenturyLink an Energy Solution that Saves Energy and Advances Green Commitments
- Constellation Employees Compete to Create the Best Classroom Space at Crossroads School
- Dividend Declarations, Strategic Agreements, Quarterly Earnings Review, and CEO Statement - Research Reports on Viacom, Canadian Pacific, Exelon, Duke Energy and NextEra Energy
- PECO Green Region Celebrates 10th Anniversary with 23 Grants for Environmental Projects
- Exelon Announces Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Exelon’s Constellation Business Acquiring Integrys Energy Services to Grow Competitive Retail Energy Supply Business