News: Exelon Corp (EXC.N)
24 Jul 2014
Tue, Jul 8 2014
July 8 - Exelon Corp's 614-megawatt Oyster Creek nuclear power plant in New Jersey commenced a plant shutdown on Monday night for maintenance of safety equipment that operates valves located inside the drywell, the company said in a statement. The statement did not provide any timeline for the work at the reactor or any tentative return date. ---------------------------------------------------------- PLANT BACKGROUND/TIMELINE STATE: New Jersey COUNTY: Ocean TOWN: For
WASHINGTON/NEW YORK, May 30 - U.S. environmental regulators could throw a lifeline to the nation's ailing nuclear power fleet when they unveil landmark carbon pollution curbs next week, heeding calls from operators like Exelon Corp to acknowledge nuclear energy as a valuable way to reduce emissions.
NEW YORK, May 2 - Nuclear power producer Exelon Corp will launch next week a $7.221 billion fully committed bridge loan to back its $6.83 billion purchase of Pepco Holdings Inc, sources told Thomson Reuters LPC. The combination will create the biggest Mid-Atlantic electric and gas utility.
- Exelon Corp said it would buy Pepco Holdings Inc for $6.83 billion, helping it overtake Duke Energy Corp as the biggest power distribution company in the United States.
* Offers to buy Pepco for $6.83 bln, or $27.25/share in cash
(Adds Shell, Vale, Etihad Etisalat, America Movil and others; updates Exelon Corp)
* Twitter hits record intraday low, eBay also down after results
* Indexes: Dow, S&P little changed, Nasdaq off 0.3 pct (Updates to market open)
* Futures dip: Dow 2 pts, S&P 2 pts, Nasdaq 10 pts (Adds jobs, GDP data, comment; updates prices)
- Nuclear power company Exelon Corp agreed to buy utility company Pepco Holdings Inc for more than $5.4 billion in cash, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the transaction.
- RE: Silly Rabbit, Dividends Do Matter...
- The Great Electric Company Growth Opportunity
- Exelon's Future Performance Relies On Executing Plans To Diversify Operations
- Why Utilities Aren't Always Safe Income Vehicles
- All Signs Good As American Electric Secures Its Attractiveness For Investors
- Why Exelon (EXC) Stock Is Declining Today
- Joint Ventures, Completion of Community Projects, Dividends, and Alternative Energy Initiatives - Analyst Notes on Exelon, NRG Energy, Duke Energy, PSEG and AEP
- ComEd to Partner with AMSC on Superconductor-based Resilient Electric Grid System
- Honeywell And Constellation's StarTex Power Help Texans Manage Energy Costs With Smart Wi-Fi Thermostats
- Can an Old Refrigerator Be Turned into an Electric Race Car? ComEd Launches New Icebox Derby STEM Initiative
- PECO Restores Service to 98% of Customers Affected by Tuesday Storms
- City of Palmdale, Constellation and PsomasFMG Dedicate 976-Kilowatt Solar Generation Project
- PECO Working to Restore Service Following Tuesday Evening Storms
- PsomasFMG and Constellation to Develop up to 50 Megawatts of Solar Generation for California Schools and Municipalities
- PECO Restores Service to Nearly All Customers Affected by Thursday’s Severe Summer Storm
- PECO Working to Restore Service Following Holiday Storms