News: Expedia Inc (EXPE.O)
31 Oct 2014
* Indexes up: Dow 1 percent, S&P 1 percent, Nasdaq 1.3 percent (Updates to early afternoon trading, changes byline)
- Expedia Inc reported robust third-quarter earnings on Thursday and topped analyst estimates, as strong hotel bookings boosted the company's profit by more than 50 percent from the year-earlier quarter.
Oct 30 - Expedia Inc reported robust third-quarter earnings on Thursday and topped analyst estimates, as strong hotel bookings boosted the company's profit by more than 50 percent from the year-earlier quarter.
Oct 30 - Expedia Inc reported robust earnings on Thursday, topping analyst estimates, as quarterly profit rose by more than 50 percent from the year-earlier quarter.
* Group goal is to generate 50 percent of sales online (Writes through, adds detail, Bazin and analyst comments)
(Corrects paragraph two to show occasion is investor day, not results)
PARIS, Oct 30 - Accor, Europe's largest hotel group, said on Thursday it would spend 225 million euros (283.5 million) between 2014 and 2018 to beef up its digital business to cope with challenges from online booking rivals such as Expedia and Booking.com.
* ASX 200 tracks Wall Street lower after first Ebola diagnosis in U.S.
SYDNEY - Australia's antitrust regulator on Thursday cleared online travel giant Expedia Inc to buy local rival Wotif.com Holdings Ltd, saying it did not expect the A$699 million ($610 million) deal to substantially lessen competition.
- Visa and Expedia Get Bullish Revisions But Avon Downgraded
- Will This Price Target Increase Help Expedia (EXPE) Stock Today?
- Expedia's (EXPE) CEO Dara Khosrowshahi on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Expedia (EXPE) Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Webcast
- Expedia (EXPE) Stock Higher in After-Hours Trading After Reporting Earnings
- Kellogg, GoPro Aim to Please for Earnings, Jim Cramer Likes Lear
- Expedia, Inc. Earnings Release Available on Company's IR Site
- Partnerships, Holiday Trends, Product Launches, Board Elections, and Grants - Research Reports on Expedia, Whole Foods, Garmin, Southern Company and PG&E Corp
- Expedia, Inc. Announces Upcoming Conference Participation for November 2014
- Where to Find the Best Airport Transportation Options
- Expedia Launches New Expedia® Viewfinder™ Image Library
- Social Welfare Program, Earnings Release Schedule, Anniversary Celebrations, Survey Results, and Strategic Tie-Up - Research Reports on Macy's, McKesson, Starwood, Expedia and Royal Caribbean
- Expedia Holidata: 21 Million Americans to Fly in Fourth Quarter, Thanksgiving and Christmas Air Fare Higher This Year
- Hotels.com Fairway to Wellness Charity Golf Tournament Returns for Third Year
- Expedia, Inc. to Webcast Third Quarter 2014 Results on October 30, 2014
- Unplugged No More: 25-Country Expedia.ca/Egencia Study Examines How Mobile Devices Impact Travel