News: Facebook Inc (FB.O)
23 May 2013
SAN FRANCISCO, May 23 - Khosla Ventures said on Thursday it is adding another new hire to its investment team: Ben Ling, who brings additional consumer-Internet expertise to Khosla, known for investing a substantial chunk of its portfolio in cleantech companies.
SAN FRANCISCO - To mark the Cinco de Mayo holiday this year, Domino's Pizza festooned its Facebook page with a string of posts, including an image of a Mexican-themed guacamole pizza that garnered over 2,000 "likes". But visitors to Domino's companion Google+ page on that day found less festive fare: The most recent post was from October 2012.
May 9 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Thursday:
TEL AVIV - Facebook Inc is in advanced talks to acquire Israeli mobile satellite navigation start-up Waze for $800 million to $1 billion, business daily Calcalist reported on Thursday.
TEL AVIV, May 9 - Facebook Inc is in advanced talks to acquire Israeli mobile satellite navigation start-up Waze for $800 million to $1 billion, business daily Calcalist reported on Thursday.
May 8 - Target Corp is rolling out Cartwheel, a service that combines social networking and discounts, the latest attempt by a U.S. retailer to lure shoppers into its physical stores rather that seeing them buy from online rivals.
- Shares of Facebook , which were given a boost last week when the social networking company reported first quarter results that largely met analysts' expectations, may be over valued, financial newspaper Barron's said on Sunday.
May 5 - Shares of Facebook Inc, which were given a boost last week when the social networking company reported first quarter results that largely met analysts' expectations, may be over valued, financial newspaper Barron's said on Sunday.
- Facebook Inc's mobile advertising revenue growth gained momentum in the first three months of the year as the social network sold more ads to users on smartphones and tablets, partially offsetting higher spending which weighed on profits.
(In 7th paragraph, corrects analyst Ronald Josey's firm to JMP Securities from Jefferies & Co)
- Facebook Reports First Quarter 2013 Results
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Facebook, LinkedIn, OpenTable, Visa & Others
- Facebook and Webroot Expand "Always-On" Security to New Markets
- Facebook to Announce First Quarter 2013 Results
- Before the Bell Scans of Yahoo!, Zynga, LinkedIn, Facebook, and AOL Inc.
- Susan Desmond-Hellmann Joins Facebook Board of Directors
- Technical Research on Zynga, Intel, Facebook, LinkedIn and InvenSense
- Facebook to Participate in the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference
- Defending Market Shares and Shifting Tides - Research Report on Google Inc., Facebook Inc., Yahoo! Inc., AOL, Inc. and Linkedin Corporation
- Fish & Richardson Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit for Rembrandt Social Media in Virginia Against Facebook, Add This Inc.