News: Freeport-McMoRan Inc (FCX)
20 Oct 2014
Mon, Oct 13 2014
JAKARTA, Oct 13 - Freeport-McMoRan Inc's Indonesian unit can resume open-pit mining at its Grasberg complex, one of the world's biggest copper mines, after it agreed to improve safety following a fatal accident last month, a government official said on Monday.
* Five people have died at the mine this year -union official
- Canada's Lundin Mining Corp will buy Freeport-McMoRan Inc's 80 percent stake in the Candelaria copper mining operation in Chile for at least $1.8 billion, more than doubling its copper output.
Oct 6 - Canada's Lundin Mining Corp will buy Freeport-McMoRan Inc's 80 percent stake in the Candelaria copper mining operation in Chile for at least $1.8 billion, more than doubling its copper output.
Oct 6 - Canadian-based miner Lundin Mining Corp said on Monday it has agreed to buy Freeport-McMoRan Inc's 80 percent stake in the Candelaria copper mining operation in Chile for $1.8 billion in cash, plus some possible upward adjustments.
JAKARTA - A two-day blockade preventing access to the Grasberg open-pit copper mine operated by the Indonesian unit of Freeport-McMoRan Inc ended on Thursday after a meeting with workers, the company said, with no impact to copper concentrate shipments.
* Operations at Grasberg mine remain partly suspended (Adds company, union comments)
JAKARTA, Oct 3 - A two-day blockade preventing access to the giant Grasberg open-pit copper mine operated by the Indonesian unit of Freeport-McMoRan Inc has ended after a meeting with workers on safety, the company said in a statement late on Thursday.
JAKARTA, Oct 2 - Protesters blockaded Freeport-McMoRan Inc's Indonesian copper mine for a second day on Thursday, stopping people getting to work, as talks continued between management and employees over the number of fatal accidents at the site.
JAKARTA, Oct 1 - Workers at Freeport-McMoRan Inc's Indonesian unit are blocking access to the mine site, union and company officials said on Wednesday, to protest against the number of fatal accidents at one of the world's biggest copper mines.
- Is Doctor Copper Telling Us Something?
- Analysts' Actions: AIG, TD Ameritrade, Cliffs Natural, Micron, More
- Commodities Today: Bright Spots Emerging In Market
- How To Make The Most Of Your Dividend Growth Investing
- Best U.S. Stock Ideas Today
- A Review Of Holding Out For Better Prices On Some Dividend Growth Stocks Over The Next 2 Months
- Leadership Changes, Dividends, Corporate Statements, and Technical Updates - Research Reports on LyondellBasell, EOG Resources, Freeport-McMoRan, DuPont and Baker Hughes
- Freeport-McMoRan Announces Agreement to Sell Its Interests in Candelaria/Ojos for $1.8 Billion in Cash Plus up to $0.2 Billion in Contingent Consideration
- Acquisition Agreement, Conference Call Schedule, Industry Updates, and Market Activity - Research Reports on Sigma-Aldrich, EOG, DuPont, CARBO and Freeport
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc. Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend on Common Stock
- Technical Updates and Event Schedule - Research Reports on EOG, Williams, LyondellBasell, Freeport and Du Pont
- Expansion of Pipeline, Launch of New Website, Upcoming Earnings, and Technical Updates - Research Reports on Williams, Apache, FMC Technologies, Freeport and Tesoro
- Dynacast International Inc. Announces Agreement to Acquire Kinetics Climax, Inc.
- Technical Updates, Response Note to Mini-Tender Offer, Upcoming Conference Schedule, and Plans for New Facility - Research Reports on EOG, Weatherford, Freeport, Baker Hughes and LyondellBasell
- Technical Updates, Asset Sale Plans, Stock Split, and Acquisition of IP Rights - Research Reports on Williams, Freeport-McMoRan, Continental Resources, Peabody and ICE
- Conference Call Schedules, Financial Results, Resumption of Exports, and Transportation Agreements - Research Reports on Rockwood, ENSCO, Freeport-McMoRan, Cheniere and Kinder Morgan