Fortress Investment Group LLC (FIG)
28 Apr 2017
April 28 Fortress Investment Group LLC, the U.S. alternative asset manager to be acquired by Japan's SoftBank Group for $3.3 billion, is exploring divesting bond fund manager Logan Circle Partners, according to people familiar with the matter.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said on Wednesday it froze the assets of certain traders in a suspected insider trading scheme involving more than $3.6 million in profits related to the takeover Fortress Investment Group by Japan's SoftBank Group Corp .
WASHINGTON, March 1 The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said on Wednesday it froze the assets of certain traders in a suspected insider trading scheme involving more than $3.6 million in profits related to the takeover Fortress Investment Group by Japan's SoftBank Group Corp .
WASHINGTON, March 1 The Security and Exchanges Commission said on Wednesday it froze assets of traders using brokerage accounts in London and Singapore to obtain more than $3.6 million in possibly illegal profits before the announcement that SoftBank Group Corp agreed to acquire Fortress Investment Group.
* Fortress reports fourth quarter and year end 2016 results and announces dividend of $0.09 per share
TOKYO Japan's SoftBank Group Corp on Wednesday said it has agreed to buy Fortress Investment Group LLC for about $3.3 billion, looking to add investment expertise as it prepares to launch the world's largest private equity fund. | Video
* Fortress shareholders to receive $8.08 per share (Adds Evercore as financial adviser to Fortress)
* Fortress Investment Group LLC - will pay Softbank a termination fee of $98.4 million if merger breaks up under certain circumstances
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Masayoshi Son is fond of his "crazy ideas." Splashing out $3.3 billion for Fortress Investment, an alternative-investment firm, is unexpected but not exactly crazy. SoftBank, the Japanese entrepreneur's tech and telecoms group, has big ambitions in investing, and the New York-based firm knows how to put money to work.
* Softbank Group to acquire fortress investment group for $3.3 billion
- Emotional Sentiment
- My 75 Stock March 2017 Portfolio Update: New Dividend Record And Buying Altria And BMW
- Searching For Value
- My 75 Stock Feburary 2017 Portfolio Update: New Dividend Record And Buying Shell
- A Profitable Microcap Trading At Less Than 10% Of Revenues, Acquisition Target, No Wall St. Coverage
- Strong 12% Yield, Recent Insider Buying, 175% Dividend Growth Over The Last Four Years, Opportunistic Buy