Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOX.OQ)
22 Feb 2017
Fri, Feb 10 2017
BRIEF-News Corp says expects to incur $30 mln-$40 mln restructuring charges during remainder of 2017 in connection with reorganization at Dow Jones
* News Corp says in connection with reorganization at Dow Jones, expects to incur about $30 million-$40 million restructuring charges during remainder of 2017
News Corp , the owner of Dow Jones Newswires and book publisher HarperCollins, posted an adjusted profit that edged past analysts' estimates for the first time in three quarters as the drop in ad sales in its news business was offset by growth in its other businesses.
* Shares up 1.6 pct in after-hours trading (Adds details, share movement)
Feb 9 News Corp, the owner of the Dow Jones Newswires and book publisher HarperCollins, posted a second-quarter loss as it struggles to offset the decline in advertising income in its newspaper business.
Twenty-First Century Fox Inc reported a quarterly profit that beat analysts' expectations, as its television and cable units benefited from hosting the World Series and its cable news channel enjoyed strong ratings during the U.S. presidential campaign.
Feb 6 Twenty-First Century Fox Inc reported a 4.2 percent rise in quarterly revenue, as its television unit benefited from hosting the baseball World Series and its cable news channel enjoyed strong ratings during the U.S. presidential campaign.
LONDON Prime Minister Theresa May did not discuss with Rupert Murdoch the proposed takeover of UK pay-TV group Sky by the tycoon's Twenty-First Century Fox at a September meeting, Britain's media minister said on Tuesday.
LONDON Investor Royal London Asset Management on Thursday asked Sky's independent committee of directors for more information on the advice on which they based their acceptance of a $14.6 billion offer from Twenty-First Century Fox .
LONDON Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown urged Britain to delay Rupert Murdoch's proposed deal to buy European pay-TV group Sky until the government completes an inquiry into a phone hacking scandal, the Guardian said on Wednesday.
New sexual harassment accusations against former Fox News network chief Roger Ailes were revealed in a lawsuit filed against 21st Century Fox on Monday.
- Tracking Jeffrey Ubben's ValueAct Portfolio - Q4 2016 Update
- Wall Street Breakfast: Snap IPO On The Horizon
- Tracking Seth Klarman's Baupost Group Holdings - Q4 2016 Update
- Tracking Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Portfolio - Q4 2016 Update
- Wall Street Breakfast: Earnings Season Kicks Into High Gear
- Wall Street Breakfast: Tech Joins Fight Against Travel Ban