News: General Electric Co (GE)
17 Apr 2014
NEW YORK - Stocks ended a holiday-shortened week with mostly modest gains on Thursday, though the S&P 500 notched its biggest weekly advance since July as Morgan Stanley and General Electric rallied after strong results. | Video
* S&P 500 scores biggest weekly percentage gain since July
* Dollar up as call to end Ukraine violence cuts safety bid
NEW YORK, April 17 - The major U.S. stock indexes ended a holiday-shortened week with mostly gains on Thursday, giving the S&P 500 its biggest weekly advance since July as Morgan Stanley and General Electric rallied after strong results.
* Russia, Ukraine, U.S. and EU in joint call to end violence
- General Electric Co posted a 12 percent rise in overall industrial profits on Thursday, as strength in its businesses selling gas turbines, jet engines and oil industry equipment offset weakness in healthcare and transportation.
April 17 - General Electric Co posted a 12 percent rise in overall industrial profits on Thursday, as strength in its businesses selling gas turbines, jet engines and oil industry equipment offset weakness in healthcare and transportation.
LONDON, April 17 - European equities finished higher on Thursday after losing ground earlier in the session, with upbeat results from major U.S. companies like Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs and General Electric improving sentiment.
* FTSEurofirst 300 gains 0.4 percent after falling earlier
- Dow Dogs Are Front Of The Pack
- General Electric: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The General Electric Evolution Continues
- General Electric: Has The Easy Money Been Made?
- Retirement Strategy: Doing Nothing Is A Strategy For Dividend Income Investors
- Unplanned Early Retirement, Part 1 - Strategy, Stability, And Moving Forward
- New Crab Wheel ‘Glows’ with Savings Thanks to GE’s LED Lighting Donation
- GE Reports 1Q’14 Operating EPS $0.33; Industrial Organic Revenues +8%; 1Q Operating Margins Up 50 Basis Points; Backlog of $245B; Reaffirms 2014 Framework
- Innovation Acceleration: GE Selects Louisville for First Micro-factory
- GE Healthcare Completes Acquisition of Analytics Solutions Provider CHCA
- GE Names Three to Leadership Positions
- GE’s Power Transformer Provides Public Utilities with a Customizable Distribution Solution
- GE and Saudi Aramco Launch Global Innovation Challenge to Find Renewable Energy Solutions for Seawater Desalination
- GE Showcases EBoP Capabilities in Providing Portable, Backup Power to Libya in Just Six Weeks
- Fast, High Definition, Low Dose: GE Healthcare Announces FDA Clearance of Revolution CT
- GE High-Voltage Technology Helps Global Utilities Meet Growing Energy Demand