News: General Electric Co (GE)
7 Mar 2014
March 4 - General Electric Co Chief Executive Officer Jeff Immelt purchased $2.6 million of the U.S. conglomerate's shares, according to a filing on Tuesday, following a rough start for the company's stock price in 2014.
MILAN, Feb 28 - China CNR Corporation and Insigma have expressed interest in buying Finmeccanica's rail unit Ansaldo STS and loss-making train maker Ansaldo Breda, the Chinese firms said on Friday.
Feb 27 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Thursday:
NEW YORK - General Electric Co is preparing to sell its energy unit that makes fuel dispensers in a deal that is expected to fetch more than $500 million, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
BOSTON, Feb 26 - General Electric Co Chairman Jeff Immelt said Wednesday he could not close a business deal with one of the richest men in Africa on his cell phone because of poor broadband coverage at his home in Connecticut.
- General Electric Co said it would pay $1.7 billion to Japan's Shinsei Bank Ltd to end exposure to claims related to the sale of its Japanese consumer loan business to the bank in 2008.
Feb 26 - General Electric Co said it would pay $1.7 billion to Japan's Shinsei Bank Ltd to end exposure to claims related to the sale of its Japanese consumer loan business to the bank in 2008.
Feb 26 - General Electric Co said it would pay $1.7 billion to Japan's Shinsei Bank Ltd to end exposure to interest repayment claims related to the sale of its Japanese consumer loan business to the bank in 2008.
General Electric plans to spend $1.4 billion on biomass power plant projects, said Vice Chairman John Rice. GE Distributed Power will initially develop biomass power plants in East Nusa Tenggara with a capacity of 1 megawatt and a 150-megawatt power plant in Bangli district, the Kontan reports.
- GE Energy Consulting Signs Software License Agreement with New York Power Authority
- Buses Will Be in High Demand by Specialty Vehicle Buyers, Says New GE Capital Survey
- Most Active: Cisco Systems, Micron Technology, General Electric, AT&T and Microsoft
- Head-to-Head Independent Study Shows Use of GE Healthcare’s Visipaque™ (iodixanol) Leads to Better Image Quality of Coronary Stents During CT Angiography
- GE Healthcare Invests in FISH Technologies for Leukemia and Lymphoma Testing
- GE Albeo™ LED Lighting Is Natural Fit for Natural Grocers’ Stores and Distribution Center
- U.S. Marine Industry Rides Wave of Optimism in 2014, Says GE Capital
- GE Capital’s Telecom, Media and Technology Business Recaps Busy 2013
- Third Rack’s a Charm; GE Appliances Makes Dishwasher Loading Smart and Easy
- GE Capital Provides Credit Facility to SynGen, Inc.