G4S PLC (GFS.L)
18 Aug 2017
Wed, Aug 9 2017
* Safe haven precious metals miners in demand (Adds detail, updates prices at close)
* Company confident FY revenue growth in line with 4-6 pct aim
* CEO sees downside risks to growth outlook from Asia, Middle East, upside risks from strong pipeline
LONDON, Aug 9 Britain's top share index was shaken from its summer lull on Wednesday as geopolitical tensions hit equity markets globally, sending investors into safe-havens such as gold mining stocks, while weak earnings weighed on shares in G4S.
EDINBURGH, Aug 9 The world's largest security firm G4S said its ongoing turnaround was on track on Wednesday as it posted a 7.6 percent rise in first-half profit and forecast better contract potential ahead.
* Shares up 2 percent after posting 9 percent rise in q1 revenues (corrects ric) Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
EDINBURGH, May 4 Global security firm G4S reported a strong start to the year on Thursday, with revenues up almost 9 percent thanks to good demand for its services around the world
* Revenues from group's continuing businesses were 8.9 pct higher than Q1 of 2016
* G4S has delivered good profitable growth across all regions except Middle East & India which remains challenging.
* Completed sale of G4S Youth Services in USA to BHSB Holdings Inc for us$56.5 million paid in cash Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)