News: Goldcorp Inc (GG.N)
Mon, Mar 3 2014
* TSX up 3.15 points, or 0.02 percent, at 14,212.74 * Six of 10 main index sectors decline * Osisko jumps after miner agrees to settle lawsuit with Goldcorp * Magna gains after quarterly report By John Tilak and Leah Schnurr TORONTO, March 3 - Canada's main stock index was little changed in choppy trade on Monday as worries about increasing instability in Ukraine were overcome by shares of natural resource producers benefiting from stronger commodity prices. Uk
(Adds details of the settlement, background, Goldcorp CEO comment, share price move)
March 3 - Osisko Mining Corp said it agreed to settle its lawsuit against Goldcorp Inc and would allow Goldcorp to conduct due diligence related to the larger miner's hostile C$2.6 billion ($2.35 billion) bid for Osisko.
TORONTO, Feb 13 - Goldcorp Inc reported a quarterly loss of $1.1 billion on a slew of one-time charges, but better-than-expected production costs and a rising gold price pushed the miner's stock higher on Thursday.
* TSX rises 101.16 points, or 0.73 percent, to 14,001.65 * Nine of 10 main index sectors advance * Teck, Cenovus, Great-West Lifeco, Bombardier drop after results * Barrick, Goldcorp climb despite posting losses By John Tilak TORONTO, Feb 13 - Canada's main stock index rose on Thursday for an eighth straight session as gains in shares of Barrick Gold Corp and Goldcorp Inc helped overcome a wave of disappointing quarterly reports. Investors also shrugged off dat
TORONTO, Feb 13 - Canada's main stock index hit a three-week high on Thursday, rising for an eighth straight session, as gains in shares of Barrick Gold Corp and Goldcorp Inc helped overcome a wave of disappointing quarterly reports. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 101.16 points, or 0.73 percent, at 14,001.65. Nine of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
Feb 13 - Goldcorp Inc : * CEO says given shareholder feedback it is clear that its offer for Osisko
* TSX rises 23.36 points, or 0.17 percent, to 13,923.85 * Six of the 10 main index sectors advance * Teck, Cenovus, Manulife, Bombardier drop after results * Barrick, Goldcorp climb despite reporting losses By John Tilak TORONTO, Feb 13 - Canada's main stock index was up for an eighth day in an earnings-driven session on Thursday as strength in shares of Barrick Gold Corp and Goldcorp Inc offset a string of disappointing quarterly results. Sharp declines in Tec
Feb 13 - Goldcorp Inc reported a quarterly loss of more than $1 billion on Thursday due to impairment charges, deferred tax charges and other one-time items.
Feb 4 - Osisko Mining Corp said on Tuesday a Quebec court has scheduled a hearing in early March to decide if its complaints against Goldcorp Inc, which has made a C$2.6 billion ($2.35 billion) hostile bid for Osisko, have merit.
- Gold Miners Analyst Watch: March Edition
- Weekly COMEX Gold Inventories: Lack Of Conviction By Both Bulls And Bears Suggest Outside Events Will Be The Key To Gold Movements
- Why Gold And GLD Dropped Friday And The Opportunity That Could Avail
- Tahoe Resources: A New Silver Major Is Born
- Michael Fowler: How To Find Wild Flowers In The Weeds
- Where Does Gold Go From Here? Let's Use 40 Years Of History As Our Guide
- Dividends, Financial Results, Agreements, and Recognitions - Analyst Notes on Alcoa, Seadrill, Goldcorp, Nabors, and SandRidge
- Gold Mining Report: Confidence Returns to Mining Sector as Company Acquires Additional Mining Claims
- Goldcorp Declares Third Monthly Dividend Payment for 2014
- Goldcorp announces settlement of Osisko litigation
- Goldcorp announces extension of date to acquire common shares of Osisko Mining Corporation
- Goldcorp announces record quarterly and full-year gold production; Provides updated reserves and resources estimates
- Goldcorp states Osisko allegations are without merit
- Goldcorp announces sale of Marigold mine
- Goldcorp declares second monthly dividend payment for 2014
- Goldcorp responds to Osisko Circular and legal proceedings