News: Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD.O)
17 Apr 2014
Thu, Apr 17 2014
- UnitedHealth Group Inc, the largest U.S. health insurer, said it spent more than $100 million to cover a pricey new hepatitis C drug from Gilead Sciences Inc in its first three months on the market, an amount that was "multiple" times what it had expected.
April 17 - UnitedHealth Group Inc, the largest U.S. health insurer, said it spent more than $100 million to cover a pricey new hepatitis C drug from Gilead Sciences Inc in its first three months on the market, an amount that was "multiple" times what it had expected.
LONDON, April 17 - Health authorities in England have approved an 18.7 million pound ($31 million) investment to provide Gilead Sciences' controversial new hepatitis C pill Sovaldi for seriously ill patients.
NEW YORK - Predicting when the bear market in biotech stocks will hit bottom is a hazardous prospect, but one gauge that factors in the rapid profit growth estimates for many of these companies suggests several are starting to look attractive.
(Adds J&J comment on weak medical device sales, updates shares)
- Texas is reconsidering whether to impose strict limits on Gilead Sciences' $84,000 hepatitis C treatment for patients on the state's Medicaid health plan for the poor, at the urging of outside advisers, a state official said on Friday.
April 11 - Texas is reconsidering whether to impose strict limits on Gilead Sciences' $84,000 hepatitis C treatment for patients on the state's Medicaid health plan for the poor, at the urging of outside advisers, a state official said on Friday.
LOS ANGELES/LONDON - Doctors at a key medical conference welcomed the prospect of more new drugs to treat the liver-destroying hepatitis C virus, while agreeing that Gilead Sciences Inc continues to lead the effort.
NEW YORK - The Nasdaq suffered its biggest drop in two-and-a-half years on Thursday after another sharp selloff in biotech and momentum names, including Gilead Sciences and TripAdvisor , increasing investor anxiety about a broader pullback. | Video
* Nasdaq posts biggest daily percentage loss since Nov. 9, 2011
- Jim Cramer: We're in the Grips of a Struggle
- Managers See Buys in Choppy Markets, Including Gilead, LinkedIn
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: NeoStem, Gilead and the Importance of Big-Cap Biotech Earnings
- Ready For A Rebound? Gilead's $1000 Pill
- Rolling The Dice With Earnings
- Gilead Sciences May See A Healthy Earnings Beat
- Gilead Sciences to Release First Quarter 2014 Financial Results on Tuesday, April 22, 2014
- Financial Release Dates -- Research on Gilead Sciences, Juniper Networks, FirstCommonwealth Financial, and Genuine Parts
- Priority Reviews, Preliminary Earnings Releases, Clinical Trials Results, and Launch of Website - Analyst Notes on Gilead, Pfizer, Intuitive Surgical, Alkermes and Quest
- Gilead’s Sovaldi® Demonstrates Efficacy and Safety Among Chronic Hepatitis C Patients with Advanced Liver Disease
- Today's Review on Active Stocks -- Research on Ashford Hospitality Trust, Dejour Energy, North American Palladium, and Gilead Sciences
- Gilead Announces Results from Study of Sovaldi® for Retreatment of Chronic Hepatitis C in Patients Not Cured with Prior Antiviral Therapy
- Gilead Announces Phase 2 Results for Two Investigational All-Oral Sofosbuvir-Based Regimens for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Clinical Trial Results Presentation and Publication, and Upcoming Exhibit - Analyst Notes on Gilead Sciences, Agios, Mindray, BG Medicine, and Ultragenyx
- Gilead Announces U.S. FDA Priority Review Designation for Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir Fixed-Dose Combination Tablet for Chronic Hepatitis C Genotype 1 Infection
- Senior Notes Conversions, FDA Drug Approvals, Acquisitions, Stock Price Updates, and Clinical Trial Studies - Analyst Notes on Gilead, Pfizer, Nordion, Intuitive Surgical, and Novartis