News: General Motors Co (GM)
17 Dec 2013
Fri, Dec 20 2013
FRANKFURT - A management rejig at General Motors and the scaling back of its alliance with PSA Peugeot Citroen have created fresh uncertainty over the U.S. carmaker's strategy for Opel, just as the European business seemed to have secured a settled future.
(Corrects 19th paragraph to show European car sales were up 0.9 percent in November, not 6.9 percent)
- The ongoing upheaval in General Motors Co's executive ranks continued on Wednesday with the sudden resignation of Chris Perry as vice president of Chevrolet marketing.
Dec 18 - The ongoing upheaval in General Motors Co's executive ranks continued on Wednesday with the sudden resignation of Chris Perry as vice president of Chevrolet marketing.
STOCKHOLM - A year out of bankruptcy and with just two cars a day rolling off its production line, Saab is betting on an as yet unbuilt electric version of a decade old car to bring the iconic Swedish marque back from the dead.
SYDNEY - Australia is setting up a A$100 million ($89 million) fund to support regions affected by General Motors Co's decision to stop production in the country by 2017, including directly supporting those workers affected by the decision.
PARIS, Dec 16 - Renault, Toyota and Volkswagen led a 0.9 percent November gain in European car sales, according to industry data published on Tuesday, pulling ahead of Fiat, General Motors and Ford in a slowly recovering market.
* Ambitious EU-U.S. talks to be complicated by agriculture
SEOUL - General Motors Co plans to slash its headcount in South Korea next year as it prepares to withdraw its Chevy brand in Europe, a major export market for South Korean-made cars.
SEOUL, Dec 17 - General Motors Co plans to slash its headcount in South Korea next year as it prepares to withdraw its Chevy brand in Europe, a major export market for South Korean-made cars.
- Major Auto Manufacturers Announce Future Investments and Conferences - Research Report on General Motors, Ford, Toyota, Honda, and Kandi Technologies
- Media Advisory: GM Manufacturing Announcement in Flint
- Two Chevrolet Vehicles Named 2014 NACTOY Finalists
- Regional Strategy, Sales Growth, Dividend, New Units, and Appointment - Research Report on GM, Ford, Harley-Davidson, Polaris, and Visteon
- Positive Trend Scan List: Cell Therapeutics Inc, Micron Technology, Tiger Oil and Energy, General Motors, Twitter Inc
- GM Renaissance Center Sends No Waste to Landfill
- GM Strengthens its European Brand Strategy
- GM Foundation Grant Sends 256 Detroit Children to Preschool
- GM Facility Solves Tough Waste Challenge
- Equity Summary Report: Ford Motor, General Motors, Tesla Motors, and Kandi Technologies