Genworth Financial Inc (GNW.N)
9 Dec 2016
Thu, Nov 3 2016
* Genworth - Recorded non-cash charge of $265 million, or $0.53 per diluted share in Q3, related to deferred tax assets not expected to be utilized before expiration
BRIEF-Genworth Financial says Asia Pacific Global Capital to pay $105 mln if deal terminated due to change of recommendation
* Genworth Financial - to pay Asia Pacific Global Capital termination fee of $105 million if deal terminated due to change of recommendation or other circumstances
HONG KONG Little-known China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co pledged $3.8 billion in a deal to take control of U.S. insurer Genworth Financial Inc , the latest marker of Chinese firms accelerating a drive overseas while their domestic economy slows and the yuan weakens.
* Oceanwide founder Lu has low profile, good connections (Adds detail on Oceanwide founder, Genworth financials)
HONG KONG, Oct 24 China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co has agreed to buy U.S. insurer Genworth Financial Inc for $2.7 billion in cash, the latest in a series of moves by Chinese firms to buy overseas assets as their domestic economy slows and the yuan weakens.
* Upon completion of transaction, Genworth Financial, Inc. Will be a standalone subsidiary of china oceanwide
* Genworth financial announces preliminary charges for the third quarter
* Genworth financial- china oceanwide has agreed to acquire all of outstanding shares of genworth for total transaction value of approximately $2.7 billion
* Genworth Financial Inc says following Nichol's resignation, board of directors reduced size of board to eight directors
* Genworth financial inc says net investment income decreased to $779 million in quarter, down from $789 million in prior quarter
- Genworth Holders Offered 25% Of Book Value For Insurance Company Or $5.43 Share
- Genworth Financial - A Win-Win-Win Special Situation
- Genworth Financial's (GNW) CEO Thomas McInerney on Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Genworth Financial, Inc. 2016 Q3 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Genworth: Is A Higher Counter Offer Possible?
- Barclays: Too Cheap To Ignore