News: Google Inc (GOOGa.D)
31 Jul 2014
(Repeats July 30 INSIGHT with no changes to headline or text)
BRUSSELS/SAN FRANCISCO - European regulators are preparing what could be a stern challenge to Google Inc's mobile software business in the coming months after a nearly four-year investigation into the company's Web search practices left rivals and European politicians dissatisfied.
- Google Inc faces a variety of challenges from European Commission regulators, in contrast to its experience in the United States where the Internet search company has largely mitigated regulatory threats.
BRUSSELS/SAN FRANCISCO, July 30 - European regulators are preparing what could be a stern challenge to Google Inc's mobile software business in the coming months after a nearly four-year investigation into the company's Web search practices left rivals and European politicians dissatisfied.
(Adds results of warrants for Google email records of Ford engineer, court records showing items seized by FBI)
PARIS/BRUSSELS - European regulators have not yet decided whether to try to force search engines such as Google and Microsoft's Bing to scrub results globally when people invoke their "right to be forgotten" in the region.
* Regulators aim to write guidelines for appeals by autumn
July 25 - Amazon.com Inc's heavy investment in content and technology to fight off deep-pocketed rivals is proving to be more costly than many had expected, raising fears that operating earnings will be remain under pressure indefinitely.
BRUSSELS - Google's GOOGL.O handling of "right to be forgotten" requests from European citizens came under fire by regulators after the search engine company restricted the removal of Internet links to European sites only, a person familiar with the matter said.
- Top Analyst Updates Outlook on Apple and Other Tech Stocks
- Harris Poll Evaluates Amazon, Nordstrom, L.L. Bean, Zappos and Others In "2012 Harris Poll Shopper Satisfaction Study of Online Retailers"
- Top Investment Service Publishes 'The Demise of Apple or a Time to Buy?' Special Report
- Top Investment Service Examines if Apple Is Still a 'Buy'
- Technical Analysis on Facebook Inc. and Google Inc. - Social & Professional Networking Companies Continue to Grow
- Google to Present at the Piper Jaffray TMT Conference
- Traders Look to New Levels Ahead - Research & Analysis on Google Inc. and Apple Inc.
- Top Tech Analyst Issues Investor Updates and Earnings Previews for Google, Advanced Micro Devices, Fairchild Semiconductor, Lattice Semiconductor, and Flextronics
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, eBay & Others
- Leading Investment Service Previews Earnings for Google, Costco, Alcoa, Yum Brands & Others