News: Garmin Ltd (GRMN.O)
20 Aug 2014
* Shares fall as much as 7 pct (Adds analyst comments, details; updates shares)
(Correct reporting period in paragraph 2 to second quarter from first quarter)
BERGERAC France - Ramunas Navardauskas finished off Garmin-Sharp's plan to win the 19th stage of the Tour de France, a 208.5-km ride from Maubourguet on Friday as Italian Vincenzo Nibali retained the overall leader's yellow jersey.
NIMES France - It all ended in tears for Garmin-Sharp domestique Jack Bauer after his chance of realizing a boyhood dream and winning a Tour de France stage was snatched away from him in the final 50 meters after a 222km breakaway.
- Severe back pain, two crashes and a chest infection forced American Andrew Talansky to become the latest top rider to abandon the Tour de France on Thursday.
OYONNAX France - After a long talk with Garmin-Sharp sports director Robbie Hunter, Andrew Talansky remounted his bike and wiped tears off his face, a bleak mask of pain.
- American Andrew Talansky was the surprise winner of the Criterium du Dauphine after he overcame a 39-second deficit to beat pre-race favorites Alberto Contador and Chris Froome on Sunday.
- Garmin Ltd reported a better-than-expected 10 percent rise in quarterly revenue as higher sales of its fitness and aviation devices made up for shrinking sales of personal navigation devices, a market it once dominated.
April 30 - Garmin Ltd reported a better-than-expected 10 percent rise in quarterly revenue as higher sales of its fitness and aviation devices made up for shrinking sales of personal navigation devices, a market it once dominated.
- Why Garmin Is Likely To Return More Cash To Its Shareholders
- These 5 Hated Stocks Could Pop When the S&P Drops
- Garmin Turns The Corner In Its Recovery Toward Revenue Growth
- The 3% Yield Club: 25 Non-REIT, Non-MLP Dividend Stocks Yielding Over 3% (Part 4)
- Garmin's (GRMN) CEO Clifton Pemble on Q2 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Dividend Preview: 5 Stocks Ready to Pay You More
- Garmin® Introduces Its First Android™-Based Fleet Navigators
- Financial Results, and Company Updates - Research Reports on Yelp, ASML, LinkedIn, Garmin and IAC
- Financial Results, Product Launches, Acquisitions, and Expanded Product Portfolios - Research Reports on Cognex, Garmin, Trimble, FEI and Cepheid
- Garmin Reports Strong Revenue & Pro Forma EPS Growth in Second Quarter 2014
- Garmin® Team X Introduces New G3X™ Touch 7-Inch Touchscreen Display Option and Connext™ Cockpit Connectivity for Experimental Aircraft
- Garmin® GTN™ Adds Capability with Connext™ Cockpit Connectivity, WireAware™ and More
- Garmin® Enhances Connext™ with Wireless Cockpit Connectivity to Mobile Devices
- Garmin® Pilot™ Goes Global
- Household Durables Stocks Technical Data -- Research on Sony, Garmin, Whirlpool, and Newell Rubbermaid
- Completed Acquisitions, Conference Call Schedules, and Strategic Partnerships - Analyst Notes on Garmin, FLIR, Cognex, Teledyne and Itron