News: Garmin Ltd (GRMN.OQ)
22 Oct 2014
* Shares fall as much as 7 pct (Adds analyst comments, details; updates shares)
(Correct reporting period in paragraph 2 to second quarter from first quarter)
BERGERAC France - Ramunas Navardauskas finished off Garmin-Sharp's plan to win the 19th stage of the Tour de France, a 208.5-km ride from Maubourguet on Friday as Italian Vincenzo Nibali retained the overall leader's yellow jersey.
NIMES France - It all ended in tears for Garmin-Sharp domestique Jack Bauer after his chance of realizing a boyhood dream and winning a Tour de France stage was snatched away from him in the final 50 meters after a 222km breakaway.
- Severe back pain, two crashes and a chest infection forced American Andrew Talansky to become the latest top rider to abandon the Tour de France on Thursday.
OYONNAX France - After a long talk with Garmin-Sharp sports director Robbie Hunter, Andrew Talansky remounted his bike and wiped tears off his face, a bleak mask of pain.
- American Andrew Talansky was the surprise winner of the Criterium du Dauphine after he overcame a 39-second deficit to beat pre-race favorites Alberto Contador and Chris Froome on Sunday.
- Garmin Ltd reported a better-than-expected 10 percent rise in quarterly revenue as higher sales of its fitness and aviation devices made up for shrinking sales of personal navigation devices, a market it once dominated.
April 30 - Garmin Ltd reported a better-than-expected 10 percent rise in quarterly revenue as higher sales of its fitness and aviation devices made up for shrinking sales of personal navigation devices, a market it once dominated.
- How Will Garmin (GRMN) Stock Respond Today to This Ratings Initiation?
- GPS Firms On Track
- 10 Headphone and Wearable Devices to Look Cool and Stay Connected
- 6 Nascent Nasdaq Dividend Dogs Bust 18% To 28.5% September Upsides
- GoPro: On The Way To A 52-Week Low
- Garmin, A Hapless Fellow Under Fire From 3 Giants In The Name Of Apple, Google And Samsung
- Garmin Announces Executive Transition Plan
- Garmin Expands Global Aviation Charting Capabilities
- Garmin® Ltd. Selected to Join S&P 500
- Garmin Provides Telematics Navigator for Dongfeng Nissan Vehicles in China
- Northrop Grumman Selects Garmin Integrated Flight Deck for New Optionally Piloted Aircraft
- Piper Selects Garmin® G1000® Integrated Flight Deck for Archer, Seminole
- Garmin Introduces New GPSMAP 500 and 700 Series Chartplotter and Combo Units
- Finding Fish is Easier Than Ever with the New Garmin echoMAP 50s and 70s
- Garmin Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results with Growth in Revenue, Operating Margin and EPS; Raises Full Year EPS Guidance
- Technical Analysis on Agilent Technologies Inc. and Garmin Ltd. - Scientific and Technical Instruments Mixed