News: Garmin Ltd (GRMN.OQ)
Thu, Oct 30 2014
* Expects 4th-qtr revenue of $550-$580 mln vs est $505.5 mln
Oct 29 - Garmin Ltd, a maker of GPS-based devices, reported better-than-expected quarterly revenue and profit as demand surged for its fitness products.
Oct 29 - Garmin Ltd, a maker of GPS-based gadgets, reported a 10 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by strong demand for its fitness products.
- Garmin Ltd , a maker of GPS-based products, no longer expects sales to grow in its outdoor business after its new action camera, Virb, failed to resonate with customers.
* Shares fall as much as 7 pct (Adds analyst comments, details; updates shares)
(Correct reporting period in paragraph 2 to second quarter from first quarter)
BERGERAC France - Ramunas Navardauskas finished off Garmin-Sharp's plan to win the 19th stage of the Tour de France, a 208.5-km ride from Maubourguet on Friday as Italian Vincenzo Nibali retained the overall leader's yellow jersey.
NIMES France - It all ended in tears for Garmin-Sharp domestique Jack Bauer after his chance of realizing a boyhood dream and winning a Tour de France stage was snatched away from him in the final 50 meters after a 222km breakaway.
- Severe back pain, two crashes and a chest infection forced American Andrew Talansky to become the latest top rider to abandon the Tour de France on Thursday.
OYONNAX France - After a long talk with Garmin-Sharp sports director Robbie Hunter, Andrew Talansky remounted his bike and wiped tears off his face, a bleak mask of pain.
- Garmin's Transformation Continues
- Garmin's (GRMN) CEO Clifton Pemble on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Garmin (GRMN) Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Webcast
- Garmin (GRMN) Stock Is Falling In Pre-Market Trading Today Despite Earnings Beat
- Citi's Top Holiday Picks Include Footlocker and Dick's Sporting Goods
- Garmin (GRMN) Stock Is Climbing After an Analyst Upgrade
- Garmin Announces Executive Transition Plan
- Garmin Expands Global Aviation Charting Capabilities
- Garmin® Ltd. Selected to Join S&P 500
- Garmin Provides Telematics Navigator for Dongfeng Nissan Vehicles in China
- Northrop Grumman Selects Garmin Integrated Flight Deck for New Optionally Piloted Aircraft
- Piper Selects Garmin® G1000® Integrated Flight Deck for Archer, Seminole
- Garmin Introduces New GPSMAP 500 and 700 Series Chartplotter and Combo Units
- Finding Fish is Easier Than Ever with the New Garmin echoMAP 50s and 70s
- Garmin Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results with Growth in Revenue, Operating Margin and EPS; Raises Full Year EPS Guidance
- Technical Analysis on Agilent Technologies Inc. and Garmin Ltd. - Scientific and Technical Instruments Mixed