Garmin Ltd (GRMN.OQ)
18 Aug 2017
Wed, Aug 2 2017
GPS-based gadgets maker Garmin Ltd reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, as robust demand for devices aimed at outdoor enthusiasts helped make up for flagging sales in its automobile products business.
* 2nd-qtr adj profit 88 cents/shr vs est 81 (Adds analyst comment)
* Garmin reports second quarter revenue and earnings growth; raises guidance
Aug 2Garmin Ltd, a maker of GPS-based gadgets, reported a 6.1 percent rise in quarterly profit on Wednesday, as strong sales of its fitness products more than offset weak demand for navigation products used in automobiles.
* Majority of associates will be retained and will continue working in Montreal, Canada as part of deal Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Garmin disagrees with initial determination and will seek review by ITC, which is expected to issue a final determination in August 2017.
* garmin® announces g5000h upgrade program for the sikorsky s-70 and uh-60 black hawk helicopters
BRIEF-Medtronic syncs Garmin activity tracker data directly into remote patient monitoring mobile platform
* Medtronic- Co,Garmin announce integration of Garmin wearable device data into Medtronic Care Management Services' remote patient monitoring platform Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Garmin announces expanded feature set for Garmin pilot application on Apple, Android mobile devices
* Garmin International Inc- European IFR Autorouting, flight plan filing & more are available with latest Garmin pilot update for apple mobile devices
- Daily Insider Ratings Round Up 8/14/17: FI, TRN, LE, XON, TBPH, BGNE, HRI, DERM, AURX
- Xperi Repeats As Top Technology 'Safer' Dividend Net Gain Dog For July/August 2018
- Technology Dividend Dogs Xperi, TiVo, And PCTEL Hit High August Gains Per Broker Targets
- Garmin's (GRMN) CEO Cliff Pemble on Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Garmin Ltd. 2017 Q2 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Bears Away