Hasbro Inc (HAS.O)
24 Jun 2016
Thu, May 19 2016
* Sets quarterly cash dividend of $0.51 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
NEW YORK, April 18 The Dow Jones industrial average climbed to a nine-month high on Monday, as Hasbro and Disney shares lifted the consumer discretionary sector while investors braced for a flurry of quarterly earnings reports through the week.
* Shares up 4.2 pct (Adds comment from conference call; updates share move)
Hasbro Inc , the No. 2 U.S. toymaker, reported better-than-expected quarterly profit and revenue, driven by strong demand for "Star Wars" action figures and the addition of Disney Princess dolls to its basket of toys.
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.24 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
April 18Hasbro Inc's quarterly revenue rose 16.5 percent, driven by the success of toys based on Hollywood blockbuster "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and popular Disney Princesses.
Having captivated boys with its Star Wars figures, Hasbro Inc is turning to Disney Princesses and the launch of its first animated movie to arrest a five-quarter slump in sales of its toys for girls.
Feb 25 Having captivated boys with its Star Wars figures, Hasbro Inc is turning to Disney Princesses and the launch of its first animated movie to arrest a five-quarter slump in sales of its toys for girls.
Hasbro Inc reported its biggest rise in quarterly revenue in nearly five years, handily beating analysts' estimates, driven by demand for toys based on the "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and "Jurassic World" movies. | Video
* Company raises dividend to $0.51/share (Adds CEO comment, background; updates shares)
- Long Hasbro: Sohn Investment Idea Contest Entry
- Scattered Sectors In 2016; Best And Worst Performing S&P 500 Stocks YTD
- Hasbro's Magic: The Gathering Continues To Plant Seeds For Long-Term Customer Acquisition
- Is Hasbro A Good Play?
- The Game Might Be Over For The Mattel Bulls
- Best Performing S&P 500 Stocks On Earnings