Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (HIK.L)
Tue, Nov 22 2016
* Announces agreement with Vectura for development of generic salmeterol for U.S. market Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)
* In US, good demand across a number of products and new product launches has more than offset increased competition for certain products
** Hikma Pharma -c.7% in heavy vols, biggest loser on Stoxx & trading at lowest in 10 mnths as HSBC cuts TP to 1985p from 2525p
* H1 group core operating profit of $176 mln, down 14 pct and down 3 pct in constant currency
* Continue to expect group revenue to be in range of $2.0 bln to $2.1 bln for full year
* Fda's regulatory approval of hikma's colchicine 0.6 mg capsule product was upheld.
* Announces launch of generic xeloda tablets 150 mg and 500 mg in US Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 806 749 1136)
By Brendan Pierson A federal appeals court has dismissed a bid by Takeda Pharmaceutical Co to halt sales of Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC's gout drug Mitigare, which has the same active ingredient as Takeda's Colcrys.
Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC is asking a federal appeals court to reject a bid by rival Takeda Pharmaceutical Co to halt sales of Hikma's gout drug Mitigare, arguing that the challenge is moot after Hikma won a separate patent case last month.