News: Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ.N)
23 Oct 2014
Thu, Oct 23 2014
GENEVA/LONDON - The World Health Organization said on Thursday it was still trying to slow the rate of new infections but had "reasonable confidence" that the Ebola virus plaguing three West African countries had not spread into neighboring states.
- Data storage equipment maker EMC Corp cut its full-year profit and revenue forecast, hurt by lower bookings at its VMware Inc unit and a strong dollar.
(Adds details, background, analyst comment; updates shares)
- Hewlett-Packard Co said it would resume its share repurchase program, a day after sources told Reuters that the company had ended merger talks with data storage products maker EMC Corp .
(Adds analyst comment, background, updates share movement)
Oct 15 - Hewlett-Packard Co said it would resume its share repurchase program, a day after sources told Reuters that the company had ended merger talks with EMC Corp .
- SQW Group Ltd, the parent company of SQW and Oxford Innovation, said it appointed Hewlett-Packard Co (HP) Vice President Martin Hess as non-executive director, effective immediately.
Oct 14 - SQW Group Ltd, the parent company of SQW and Oxford Innovation, said it appointed Hewlett-Packard Co (HP) Vice President Martin Hess as non-executive director, effective immediately.
Oct 10 - Private equity firm Silver Lake failed to reach a deal to acquire and combine photo-sharing sites Shutterfly Inc and Snapfish by a deadline on Friday, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
NEW YORK, Oct 10 (IFR) - The investment-grade bond market has been slammed with another wave of bondholder-unfriendly news, with spin-off announcements from Hewlett-Packard and Symantec and activist pressure on EMC Corp to follow suit.
- HP Broadens Moonshot Portfolio to New Applications for Increased Efficiency and Lower Cost
- HP Delivers Threat Protection to Academic Institutions
- Annual Study Reveals Average Cost of Cyber Crime Escalates 96 Percent to $12.7 Million per Organization
- HP to Resume Share Repurchase Program
- Massachusetts Awards HP $50 Million Medicaid Contract Extension
- HP and VMware Dramatically Simplify and Accelerate the Delivery of Software-Defined Infrastructure Services With EVO: RAIL
- HP Vaporizes Virtual Infrastructure Silos With StoreVirtual-Based Hyper-Converged Appliance
- HP Simplifies Datacenter Deployments With New Network Virtualization Solution
- VMware Partners With HP on Enterprise Mobility to Enable the Next Generation Workplace
- Pre-market Insights on Technology Hardware, Storage and Peripherals Stocks -- Apple, Hewlett-Packard, EMC Corp., Violin Memory, and Stratasys