News: HSBC Holdings PLC (HSBA.L)
24 Dec 2014
Sun, Dec 21 2014
HONG KONG - A month after China opened up its equity markets in a landmark trading link with Hong Kong, demand has been subdued and the bulk of activity has come from short-term speculative investors.
LONDON - The Bank of England gave Britain's state-backed lenders a narrow pass in its debut annual stress tests on Tuesday, but warned that next year banks would face tougher checks of their capital strength and international exposure. | Video
LONDON, Dec 16 - Britain's state-backed lenders only narrowly passed the Bank of England's debut annual stress test, putting the prospects of Lloyds paying a dividend for 2014 in the balance.
Dec 15 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Monday:
ZURICH - The Swiss private banking arm of HSBC Holdings Plc is not for sale, its head said in a newspaper interview published on Saturday.
SEOUL, Dec 15 - South Korea's National Pension Service (NPS) sold HSBC's London headquarters to Qatar Investment Authority, leaving some 960 billion won ($870.35 million) in profits, an NPS spokeswoman said on Monday.
ZURICH, Dec 13 - The Swiss private banking arm of HSBC Holdings Plc is not for sale, its head said in a newspaper interview published on Saturday.
ZURICH - Switzerland has charged a former computer analyst at HSBC's private bank in Geneva with industrial espionage and breaching the country's secrecy laws for passing confidential client data to foreign authorities.
LONDON - Oil prices are anchored near five-year lows and Germany's benchmark government bond yield falls to a record low as concerns over Greece's political and financial prospects spur demand for safety. (MARKETS-GLOBAL/ (UPDATE 4), moved, by Jamie McGeever, 655 words)
LONDON - British bank HSBC has dismissed its head of foreign exchange trading for Europe, Middle East and Africa, Stuart Scott, a source with knowledge of the decision said on Wednesday.
- FTSE Shares That Soared and Plunged This Week
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: HSBC Holdings, Royal Dutch Shell, and BP
- Why easyJet, Whitbread, and HSBC Holdings Should Beat the FTSE 100 Today
- How Much Upside Is There in HSBC Holdings?
- Should I Invest in These 5 FTSE 100 Shares?
- 3 Things to Loathe About HSBC Holdingsc
- Earnings Briefing and Coverage - HSBC Holdings
- HSBC USA Inc. Declares Dividends for Holders of Preferred Stock
- HSBC Finance Corporation Declares Dividend for Holders of Series B Preferred Stock
- Stocks Coverage on the Banking Industry - Barclays, HDFC Bank, HSBC Holdings, East West Bancorp, and First BanCorp.
- Think You Know An Expat?
- Comprehensive Trade Agenda Could Create 10 Million U.S. Jobs, New Report Finds
- HSBC Increases Int'l Loan Program to $5 Billion as U.S. Businesses Continue to Seek Global Growth
- Diversified Banks Stocks Review - HDFC Bank, Barclays, HSBC Holdings, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Comerica
- U.S. Businesses Increasingly Setting Sights on Emerging Markets for Export Growth: HSBC Trade Forecast
- HSBC Announces Settlement Agreement with FHFA