News: International Business Machines Corp (IBM)
17 Apr 2014
Thu, Apr 17 2014
NEW YORK - Ford Motor Co and IBM Corp will again have to face a U.S. lawsuit claiming they encouraged race-based human rights abuses in apartheid-era South Africa, despite a series of recent court decisions limiting the right to pursue such cases.
NEW YORK, April 17 - Ford Motor Co and IBM Corp will again have to face a U.S. lawsuit claiming they encouraged race-based human rights abuses in apartheid-era South Africa, despite a series of recent court decisions limiting the right to pursue such cases.
NEW YORK - Stocks ended a holiday-shortened week with mostly modest gains on Thursday, though the S&P 500 notched its biggest weekly advance since July as Morgan Stanley and General Electric rallied after strong results. | Video
* S&P 500 scores biggest weekly percentage gain since July
- IBM Corp , the world's biggest technology services company, reported its lowest quarterly revenue in five years on Wednesday, as Big Blue struggles with falling demand for its hardware and faces challenges in growth markets like China.
(Corrects paragraph 10 to remove reference to Lenovo buying System z. Lenovo is acquiring System x.)
* Jobless claims rise less than expected; Philly Fed jumps
(Replaces extraneous word "market" for "most" in quote in 6th paragraph )
* Futures up: Dow 15 pts, S&P 3 pts, Nasdaq up 12 pts (Recasts, updates prices)
NEW YORK, April 17 - U.S. stock index futures were flat and pointed to a lower open on Thursday after three days of gains on Wall Street, weighed by results including those from Google and IBM and ahead of employment and regional business growth data.
- AMD's Turnaround Is Real
- Cramer's Mad Money - A Trader's Trash Is An Investor's Treasure (4/17/14)
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: GOOGL IBM SNA ED KEY
- IBM's Latest Quarter In Charts
- Markets Mixed Amid Volatile Earnings, Ukraine Peace Deal Reached
- Stocks End Little Changed Amid Earnings, Upbeat Jobless Claims Data
- IBM Provides SoftLayer Ecosystem Partners with New Resources for Generating Cloud Revenue
- Novitex Enterprise Solutions Chooses IBM to Build Its Cloud
- REG-Intnl Bus. Mach IBM Reports 2014 First-Quarter Results
- IBM Reports 2014 First-Quarter Results
- The Hartford Signs Agreement With IBM To Move IT To The Cloud
- IBM Creates Big Data & Business Analytics Center of Competence in Greece
- IBM technology underpins project to make British Columbia's the "smartest coast on the planet"
- IBM Delivers Disaster Recovery, Security Services to SoftLayer Clients
- Novitex Enterprise Solutions Chooses IBM to Build its Cloud
- Made in IBM Labs: Enabling Dynamic Prioritization of Data in the Cloud