News: Icahn Enterprises LP (IEP.O)
18 Dec 2013
Tue, Nov 26 2013
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO - Activist investor Carl Icahn will sell all his shares in Take-Two Interactive Software Inc back to the videogame company, netting a fat return on his investment in the "Grand Theft Auto" publisher. | Video
(Recasts first paragraph with Icahn's return on investment; adds analysts' quotes and details)
(Adds GE, Hellman, Rogers, Vodafone, Naspers, CME, Aeropostale, Rosneft, Carlyle, Aker, Elliott, Merck, CWB, Hexagon, Icahn, Bank of Cyprus, Bank of Ireland, Gazprom, Vivendi, Banco Popolare, Intesa, Hutchison Whampoa, Alitalia, MOL, Moncler)
NEW YORK - Investors who closely followed the actions of activist shareholder Carl Icahn in 20 companies over a five-year period would have reaped an annualized return of 28 percent, a study by his investment firm showed Tuesday.
NEW YORK, Nov 26 - Investors who closely followed the actions of activist shareholder Carl Icahn in 20 companies over a five-year period would have reaped an annualized return of 28 percent, a study by his investment firm showed Tuesday.
We held an hour-long discussion with Carl Icahn on Monday as part of our Reuters Global Investment Outlook Summit, going over everything from his spectacular year of performance to his thoughts on the excessive media coverage of activists like himself who push and prod corporate managers to return cash to investors. We also talked about the legacy he wants to leave.
NEW YORK, Nov 19 - Carl Icahn is seldom at a loss for words.
- Activist investor Carl Icahn on Monday said there was a chance the stock market could suffer a big decline, saying valuations are rich and earnings at many companies are fueled more by low borrowing costs than management's efforts to boost results. | Video
(Adds Icahn's full quote, names of other fund managers he praised, background on Icahn and Ackman)
Nov 18 - Activist investor Carl Icahn said on Monday he is "very cautious" on the stock market, saying he could see a "big drop" because earnings at many companies are fueled more by low borrowing costs than management's efforts to boost results.
- Icahn Enterprises Announces Sale of 2,000,000 Depositary Units
- Hologic Expands its Board of Directors with Appointment of Two Independent Directors and Engages Chairman of Mt. Sinai Radiology Department as Scientific Advisor
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. Reports Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- Icahn Enterprises Announces Q3 2013 Earnings Conference Call
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. Issues Statement Regarding New Web Site Launched by Chairman Carl C. Icahn
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. Announces Sale of Netflix Shares
- Icahn Enterprises L.P. Announces Formation of Railcar Joint Venture
- Carl Icahn Issues Statement Regarding Management Change at Forest Laboratories
- Tropicana Entertainment Enters Agreement to Acquire the Lumiere Place Casino and Hotels in St. Louis, Missouri
- CVR Energy Announces Expiration of Contingent Cash Payment Rights