News: Inmarsat PLC (ISA.L)
Mon, Jun 30 2014
* Its first Inmarsat- 5 Global Xpress (GX) satellite has achieved commercial service introduction (CSI)
LONDON, June 5 - British satellite operator Inmarsat will roll out a new satellite and air-to-ground network to give passengers on European flights broadband internet access on seat back screens and on their own smartphones and tablets.
LONDON, June 5 - British satellite operator Inmarsat said on Thursday it would deploy a Europe-wide satellite and air-to-ground network to meet demand for broadband services for passengers on aeroplanes.
* Relatives hope outside analysis of data will provide clues
KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's Department of Civil Aviation and British satellite firm Inmarsat on Tuesday released the data used to determine the path of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, following mounting calls from passengers' relatives for greater transparency.
KUALA LUMPUR, May 27 - Malaysia's Department of Civil Aviation and British satellite firm Inmarsat on Tuesday released the data used to determine the path of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, following mounting calls from passengers' relatives for greater transparency.
LONDON, May 20 - British satellite company Inmarsat said it will release all the data it used to determine the final path of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 to help reassure relatives that authorities are searching in the right location.
* Announces an offering of debt securities through Inmarsat Finance Plc, a wholly-owned subsidiary company
LONDON, May 16 - British satellite company Inmarsat said the failure of a Proton rocket would likely delay the planned launch of the two satellites it planned to put into orbit later this year to complete its new Global Xpress network.
NEW YORK/MONTREAL, May 14 - In the aftermath of the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370, companies that provide satellite connections and WiFi service to airplanes are battling for a lucrative new market: selling plane-tracking services.
- Inmarsat Becomes First Satellite Network for RacoWireless’ Multi-Network M2M Service
- Inmarsat selects Northrop Grumman to provide spectrum monitoring for Global Xpress® government users
- Aeromexico Partners with Gogo for In-flight Internet and Wireless In-flight Entertainment
- Hughes Receives 'Hazardous Locations Accreditation' for the 9502 Integrated Antenna BGAN M2M Terminal
- Inmarsat Announces Strategic Partnership with RigNet Targeting the Energy Sector
- Swire Upgrades to FleetBroadband Unlimited
- Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M 'Integrated Antenna' Terminal Receives Inmarsat Type Approval
- Hughes Announces First Inmarsat BGAN M2M Terminal to Receive Hazardous Locations Accreditation
- Inmarsat and Kymeta Partner to Launch Game-Changing Business Aviation Broadband Solution
- Metaswitch Gives Voice to Inmarsat's Global Xpress