Intesa Sanpaolo SpA (ISP.MI)
Fri, Sep 2 2016
CERNOBBIO, Italy , Sept 2 The merger of Intesa SanPaolo's asset management unit Eurizon and Unicredit counterpart Pioneer is not being examined, Intesa SanPaolo chief executive Gian Maria Gros-Pietro told Reuters on Friday.
* Q2 Net profit at Intesa Sanpaolo totalled 901 mln euros, ahead of analysts' consensus forecast of 741 million euros.
* asked about loan loss provisions, says expects to see significant reduction in 2017 so that he can make good on a pledge to pay 4 billion euros of dividends on 2017 results
MILAN, Aug 2 Net profit at Intesa Sanpaolo , Italy's biggest retail bank, topped analyst expectations in the second quarter thanks to double-digit growth in fees, but its core capital was slightly weaker and loan loss charges rose sharply.
July 8 The CEO of Intesa Sanpaolo Carlo Messina says:
MILAN, July 7 Italy's bank rescue fund Atlante will be boosted to help lenders shed their non-performing loans, the chairman of Intesa Sanpaolo told la Repubblica on Thursday, adding Italy's biggest retail bank will not contribute additional money to the fund.
July 5 Italian market regulator Consob says in a filing:
* Intesa Sanpaolo shares suspended after 5 percent loss, UniCredit also suspended after shedding 5.4 pct
* Signs senior debt refinancing of total 88 million euros ($97.76 million) with Banca Intesa San Paolo and Banca Popolare di Milano
* Atlante bank rescue fund currently has enough cash to significantly reduce bad loans at Italian banks