Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N)
24 Jul 2017
Mon, Jul 24 2017
NEW YORK, July 24 The Nasdaq hit a record high on Monday ahead of a big week of technology earnings reports, while the S&P 500 and the Dow industrials lagged behind as losses in healthcare heavyweight Johnson & Johnson took a toll.
NEW YORK/SEOUL, July 24 Merck & Co and South Korea's Samsung Bioepis Co Ltd said on Monday they have begun selling a less expensive alternative version of Johnson & Johnson's rheumatoid arthritis drug Remicade in the United States, a move that should accelerate price declines for the big-selling medicine.
* Indexes down: Dow 0.32 pct, S&P 0.21 pct, Nasdaq 0.03 pct (Adds details, changes comment, updates prices)
* EU Medicines Agency recommends approval of Johnson & Johnson unit Janssen-Cilag International N.V. Darunavir/Cobicistat/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide (Symtuza) drug for HIV Source text ID: (http://bit.ly/2vIbPPG) Further company coverage:
* Gov't, drugmakers agreed price cuts of as much as 70 pct (Adds picture)
Johnson & Johnson said it expects sales growth to pick up in the second half of the year on strong demand for newer, pricey treatments such as cancer drugs Darzalex and Imbruvica.
* Pharmaceutical sales miss estimates for third straight qtr -RBC
* Pharmaceutical sales miss estimates for third straight qtr - RBC
July 18 Johnson & Johnson, which completed its $30 billion acquisition of Swiss biotech Actelion last month, reported a 4.3 percent fall in quarterly profit, as costs rose.
* Sets quarterly cash dividend of $0.84 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Merck: A Slow Growth Income Play With Moderate Growth Potential
- A Review Of The Dividend House Portfolio: Time For A House Inspection
- The IM-Capital Strength 20-Stock Universe Of The Russell 1000: Performance And Holdings Update
- Snippet Roundup: A Lingering Lingo And 2 More U.S. Green Lights
- My 4 Keys To DGI Stock Picking
- Tracking Ken Fisher's Fisher Asset Management Portfolio - Q2 2017 Update