News: Nordstrom Inc (JWN)
5 Dec 2013
Thu, Nov 14 2013
Nov 14 - Nordstrom Inc on Thursday reported a lower quarterly profit, due in part to the earlier timing of its Anniversary Sale, and took down the top end of its full-year forecast for sales at established stores.
Oct 30 - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
NEW YORK - A consortium of Ares Management LLC and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is in advanced talks to acquire upscale U.S. retailer Neiman Marcus Inc from TPG Capital LP, Warburg Pincus LLC and Leonard Green Partners LP, two people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
NEW YORK, Sept 8 - A consortium of Ares Management LLC and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is in advanced talks to acquire upscale U.S. retailer Neiman Marcus Inc from TPG Capital LP, Warburg Pincus LLC and Leonard Green Partners LP, two people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
* Nordstrom among retail firms with weak revenue, shares dip
* Nordstrom adds to list of weak retail revenues, shares fall
Aug 15 - Nordstrom Inc on Thursday reported lower than expected revenue in its second fiscal quarter as comparable sales at its department stores slipped, prompting the luxury department store chain to lower its full-year sales and profit forecast.
NEW YORK/TORONTO - Richard Baker is doubling down on his attempt to revive big-name department stores with a $2.4 billion bid to buy Saks Inc, bringing the New York retailer into Canada and under the same roof as Lord & Taylor and Canada's Hudson's Bay. | Video
* Baker says to spin off small piece into REIT but own the rest
NEW YORK - Walt Disney Co last week hiked single-day admission prices at its U.S. theme parks by up to 9.6 percent, the fifth increase since 2009. But other U.S. companies might want to think twice before following suit.
- Nordstrom, Ross And TJX: The Best 3 Retail Stocks To Own Through February
- Ranked By IBM And MutualMind: Black Friday Winners And Losers
- EXCLUSIVE: Bonobos Headed For IPO Next Year
- Nordstrom Management Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Nordstrom Beats on 3Q Earnings But Profit Falls
- Nordstrom Inc. Discusses Q3 2013 Results (Webcast)
- Morning Technical Briefing: Tiffany & Co., Genuine Parts, Nordstrom, and Sonic Corp.
- Nordstrom, Inc. Announces Private Exchange Offer
- Nordstrom, Inc. Announces Pricing of Offering of Senior Notes
- Nordstrom Rack To Open At Janss Marketplace In Thousand Oaks, Calif.
- Financial Results, Scheduled Conferences, Earnings Guidance, Donations, and Acquisition Offers - Research Report on Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, Children's Place and Men's Wearhouse
- Nordstrom Rack To Open In Tennessee At Brentwood Place
- Nordstrom Board of Directors Approves Quarterly Dividend
- Nordstrom Rack To Open At Village Plaza At Bunker Hill
- 10,000 Kids To Receive New Shoes This Holiday Season
- Financial Results, Stock Price Movements, and New Store Openings - Research Report on Macy's, Home Depot, Lowe's, Nordstrom, and Costco