News: Carmax Inc (KMX)
22 Aug 2014
Tue, Aug 12 2014
WASHINGTON, Aug 12 - NASCAR driver Tony Stewart's involvement in a fatal on-track accident over the weekend may wave a caution flag for the big-money corporate sponsors backing the three-time champion's team, industry analysts said.
June 24 - Used-car retailer CarMax Inc's advertisements promising its vehicles undergo quality checks are deceptive as it does not fix cars recalled by automakers before reselling them, 11 consumer groups said in a petition to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, the New York Times reported.
THOMSON REUTERS, June 23,2014 - Corporate Meetings for US companies for Week ahead. S&P 500 Earnings - Weekly S&P 500 Earnings - Day Ahead Non S&P 500 - Weekly Non S&P 500 - Day Ahead ConferenceCall/Webcast - Weekly ConferenceCall/Webcast - Day S&P 500 Earnings - Monthly Meetings - Day Ahead Economic Indicators Dividends Daily earnings hits & misses Federal Res
* Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates with Dow approaching 17,000 level)
* Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates to close)
* Dow up 0.1 pct; S&P 500 up 0.1 pct; Nasdaq flat (Updates to afternoon)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.24 pct, S&P 0.2 pct, Nasdaq 0.13 pct (Updates to open, adds comment)
* Futures up: Dow 25 pts, S&P 3.75 pts, Nasdaq 4.75 pts (Updates prices)
- CarMax Inc , the largest used-car seller in the United States, reported lower-than-expected quarterly results, weighed down by tepid sales to subprime customers, indicating that the credit-fueled growth of recent quarters was slowing down.
* Fourth-quarter earnings/share $0.44 vs $0.46 a year earlier
- Why Sonic Automotive (SAH) Stock Is Moving Higher Today
- Wall Street Breakfast: Eurozone Banks To Borrow €250B From ECB
- The Time To Hedge Is Now! July 2014 Update
- CarMax: Opaque Market Or Used Car Shortage?
- Why CarMax Is Priced To Perfection
- More Room to Run In American Tower, CarMax and Brookfield Asset
- CarMax Appoints Jim Lyski Chief Marketing Officer
- Financial Results, Technical Updates, Dividends, and Appointments - Research Reports on AutoNation, CarMax, Sonic Automotive, Penske Automotive and Copart
- Stocks Coverage on the Automotive Retail Industry -- Research on CarMax, AutoNation, Advance Auto Parts, and O'Reilly Automotive
- Service Launches, Statements, Financial and CSR Reports - Analyst Notes on CSX, Civeo, Penske Automotive, CarMax and JetBlue
- CarMax Reports Record Quarterly Results
- New Online TV Channel, Opening of Store, Schedule of Stockholders Meeting, and Acquisitions - Analyst Notes on DreamWorks, CarMax, Liberty Interactive, Royal Caribbean and Moody's
- Events Schedules, Decades Celebration, Monthly Sales, and Contracts - Analyst Notes on McGraw Hill Financial, Avis, L Brands, KBR and CarMax
- Automotive Retail Equities Technical Commentary -- Research on CarMax, Group 1 Automotive, Penske Automotive, and Sonic Automotive
- CarMax Announces Conference Call and Webcast Information for Upcoming Events
- Nissan Altima Most Popular Vehicle Among CarMax Shoppers