Kohls Corp (KSS.N)
* Nordstrom down 17 pct after-market (Adds Nordstrom results; updates shares)
* On conf call - transactions per store were down 4.8% for Q1
* Were able to manage gross margin and inventory levels consistent with expectations as co took markdowns necessary to clear excess inventory
May 12 Department store operator Kohl's Corp reported its first drop in net sales in six quarters as unseasonably cool weather in late March and early April hurt sales of spring apparel.
May 10 Wall Street securities analysts revised their ratings and price targets on several U.S.-listed companies, including Your Community Bankshares, Kohls and Nordic American Tanker, on Tuesday. HIGHLIGHTS * Aflac Inc : FBR cuts to market perform rating * Sprouts Farmers market Inc : Goldman Sachs cuts to sell from neutral * Hasbro Inc : Piper Jaffray cuts to neutral from overweight * St. Jude Medical Inc : SunTrust
* Moody's on Kohl's - Downgrade reflects the persistent declines in earnings which started in 2011 and has resulted in weakening credit metrics
* Fitch downgrades Kohl's Corporation to 'BBB'; Outlook stable
Capital One Financial Corp and department store chain Kohl's Corp must face a proposed class action lawsuit by customers who claim they were improperly charged for worthless credit card add-on services, a federal judge in Philadelphia has ruled.
U.S. department store operator Kohl's Corp warned that sales could fall this year and said it was unlikely to meet its 2017 target of $21 billion in sales because of a weak economy and a pullback in consumer spending on its core categories such as apparel.
- Market Is Re-Rating Stocks - Cramer's Mad Money (6/29/16)
- Brexit And Big Box Retail Sales Performance Finds XRT Under Pressure
- Let's Go Shopping! Barnes & Noble Leads Consumer Cyclical Dogs In June
- Bed Bath & Beyond Q1: Strains On Brick And Mortar Retail Sales
- Scattered Sectors In 2016; Best And Worst Performing S&P 500 Stocks YTD
- May Retail Sales May Find XRT Bottoming