News: Loews Corp (L.N)
24 Oct 2014
Mon, Aug 4 2014
* Indexes: Dow down 0.2 pct, S&P up 0.4 pct, Nasdaq up 0.5 pct (Updates to mid-afternoon, adds quotes, updates prices)
* Indexes: Dow off 0.1 pct, S&P flat, Nasdaq up 0.2 pct (Updates prices, changes comment)
- Hotel, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp reported a lower-than-expected quarterly profit, hurt by a drop in profit at its second-biggest subsidiary, Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc .
Aug 4 - Hotel, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp reported a lower-than-expected quarterly profit, hurt by a drop in profit at its second-biggest subsidiary, Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc.
* Michael Kors shares reverse premarket move, fall 5.5 pct
* Futures up: Dow 27 pts, S&P 4 pts, Nasdaq 10 pts (Updates prices)
NEW YORK, Aug 4 - U.S. stock index futures bounced back on Monday following the largest weekly decline on the S&P 500 since 2012, as a scant U.S. economic calendar kept the focus on earnings and Portugal was poised to bail out its largest publicly traded bank.
Aug 4 - Hotel, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp reported a 57 percent drop in quarterly profit due to lower earnings from Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc.
- Hotel, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp reported a 75 percent drop in quarterly profit as it booked a loss related to the pending sale of the annuity and pension deposit business of CNA Financial Corp .
* First-quarter net income $0.15/shr vs $0.62/shr last year
- Play The Slow Turn In P&C Markets With CNA Financial
- Travelers Poised To Outperform Peers When Interest Rates Start To Climb
- Loews Corporation: An Underperforming Conglomerate In Search Of An Activist
- Sub 1 PEG, Sub 1 Price/Book Value Plays With Positive Dividend Yield
- A Closer Look At Boardwalk Pipeline Partners' Q2'14 Distributable Cash Flow
- These 5 Toxic Stocks Could Be Poisoning Your Portfolio
- Diamond Offshore Declares Special Cash Dividend of $0.75 per Share
- Diamond Offshore Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results
- Insurance Stocks on our Radar - Aegon, Aflac, CNO Financial, Assurant, and Loews
- Loews Corporation to Release Third Quarter 2014 Results on November 3
- Diamond Offshore to Release Third Quarter 2014 Results on October 23
- Boardwalk Completes Acquisition Of Evangeline Ethylene Pipeline
- Loews Corporation Completes Sale Of HighMount Exploration & Production
- Revision of Terms of Contract, Upcoming Earnings and Conference Call, Equity Raising, and Market Activity - Research Reports on ICE, PNC, Prudential, American Realty and Loews
- Diamond Offshore Appoints David L. Roland as Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Gulf South Announces Open Season For Natural Gas Transportation Project To Serve Freeport LNG's Planned Liquefaction Terminal