News: Loblaw Companies Ltd (L.TO)
23 Oct 2014
Thu, Jul 24 2014
July 24 - Canada's largest grocer Loblaw Cos Ltd's quarterly profit handily beat analysts' expectations, helped by strong pharmacy sales in its recently acquired Shoppers Drug Mart.
July 24 - Loblaw Cos Ltd, Canada's largest grocer, reported a 37 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by sales from recently acquired Shoppers Drug Mart.
* TSX down 21.86 points, or 0.14 percent, at 15,204.48 * Eight of 10 main index sectors decline * CP Rail hits all-time high after results * Loblaw slips after management change By John Tilak TORONTO, July 17 - Canada's main stock index dipped slightly on Thursday as gains in shares of Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd and gold miners were offset by broad weakness spurred by developments in the Ukraine crisis. CP Rail climbed 2.3 percent to a record high after repor
* TSX up 32.22 points, or 0.21 percent, at 15,258.56 * Five of the 10 main index sectors advance * CP Rail shares at record high after results * Loblaw slips after management changes By John Tilak TORONTO, July 17 - Canada's main stock index edged up to a record high on Thursday, boosted by a jump in shares of Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd after the company reported a quarterly profit that beat market expectations. CP Rail climbed 3.6 percent to a record high f
(Adds details, background, forecast, analyst comment, shares)
July 17 - Loblaw Cos Ltd, Canada's largest grocer, appointed Executive Chairman Galen Weston president as part of a management shakeup aimed at helping the company better compete with U.S. rivals.
* TSX rises 68.76 points, or 0.47 percent, to 14,651.87 * Seven of the 10 main index sectors advance * Loblaw, CGI climb after reporting results By John Tilak TORONTO, April 30 - Canada's main stock index advanced to its highest level in almost six years on Wednesday after positive commentary on the U.S. economy by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen helped reassure investors and drive broad gains. The Toronto stock market's benchmark index climbed for a 10th straig
* TSX down 3.89 points, or 0.03 percent, at 14,579.22 * Seven of 10 main index sectors advance * Loblaw, CGI climb after reporting results By John Tilak TORONTO, April 30 - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Wednesday as a decline in shares of Barrick Gold Corp and a drop in commodity prices weighed on investor sentiment ahead of a policy statement from the U.S. Federal Reserve later in the day. Barrick's stock fell 1.3 percent after the miner reported
- Loblaw Cos Ltd , Canada's largest grocer, reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue in the face of increasing competition from expanding U.S. rivals.
April 30 - Loblaw Cos Ltd, Canada's largest grocer, reported lower-than-expected quarterly revenue in the face of increasing competition from expanding U.S. rivals.
- Play The Slow Turn In P&C Markets With CNA Financial
- Travelers Poised To Outperform Peers When Interest Rates Start To Climb
- Loews Corporation: An Underperforming Conglomerate In Search Of An Activist
- Sub 1 PEG, Sub 1 Price/Book Value Plays With Positive Dividend Yield
- A Closer Look At Boardwalk Pipeline Partners' Q2'14 Distributable Cash Flow
- These 5 Toxic Stocks Could Be Poisoning Your Portfolio