Lazard Ltd (LAZ)
21 Jun 2017
Thu, May 11 2017
MADRID, May 11 Spain's Banco Popular has hired JPMorgan and Lazard to advise it on exploring a sale of the bank, El Confidencial newspaper reported on Thursday, citing financial sources.
Lazard Ltd reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit, mainly driven by growth in its financial advisory business as cross-border mergers and acquisitions got off to the strongest start in a decade.
* Shares rise 2.3 pct (Adds Breakingviews link, updates share price)
April 27 Financial advisory and asset management firm Lazard Ltd reported a 61 percent jump in quarterly profit, helped by growth in its financial advisory and asset management businesses.
* Increases quarterly dividend by 8 percent to $0.41 per share Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
NEW YORK, March 23 Lazard Ltd has tapped a portfolio manager at investment firm Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) to bolster its expanding activist shareholder defense team, according to people familiar with the matter.
* Eugenio Garza y Garza joins Lazard as a managing director in financial advisory, Mexico Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Lazard ltd - ceo kenneth jacobs' fy 2016 total compensation $11.64 million versus $11.68 million in fy 2015 - sec filing
Lazard Ltd reported better-than-expected earnings on Thursday, as a surge in deals activity in the fourth quarter boosted revenue in its financial advisory business.
* First half of 2017 looks strong - CEO (Adds Breakingviews link)