News: Liberty Global PLC (LBTYA.O)
20 Oct 2014
BRUSSELS, Oct 10 - The European Commission said on Friday it approved Liberty Global's takeover of Dutch peer Ziggo but the U.S. cable TV provider must end limits on broadcasters' freedom to offer programmes on the Internet.
BRUSSELS - The European Commission said on Monday it has opened an in-depth investigation into the acquisition of a controlling stake in De Vijver Media by Liberty Global.
(Commission corrects date for review deadline to Feb. 5, 2015)
BRUSSELS, Sept 16 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
LONDON, Sept 15 (IFR) - Virgin Media is looking to refinance more of its high-yield bonds this year, according to banking sources, although market volatility and Vodafone's overture to Liberty Global last week could have thrown off the deal's timing.
* Vodafone falls; CEO says open to Liberty Global deal-Bloomberg
LONDON - Vodafone's chief executive Vittorio Colao said Europe's biggest cable group Liberty Global could be a good fit for the mobile operator "for the right price", according to a Bloomberg report.
LONDON, Sept 11 - Vodafone's chief executive Vittorio Colao said Europe's biggest cable group Liberty Global could be a good fit for the mobile operator "for the right price", according to a Bloomberg report.
- Comcast Cable Communications LLC, a unit of cable company Comcast Corp , said it had agreed on a deal with Liberty Global Plc to give customers of both the companies access to each other's WiFi hotspots by 2015.
- Liberty Global Supports EU Code Week with a New Campaign to Expand Coding Clubs for Kids Across Europe
- Liberty Global Obtains Competition Approval In Connection With its Recommended Public Offer for Ziggo
- Cable and Satellite Equities Technical Momentum - Comcast, Liberty Global, DISH Network, Charter Communications, and Starz
- Acquisitions, Earnings Guidance, Senior Level Promotions, Tender Offer Updates, and Technical Updates - Research Reports on Liberty Global, Swift, MGM Resorts, JCPenney and Copa
- Liberty Global announces 2014 Vendor Awards at its annual Technology Summit
- Discovery Communications & Liberty Global Close Deal to Acquire All3Media
- Liberty Global’s New Policy Study Broadens the Open Internet Debate
- Product Launch, Strategic Agreement, Appointment, Quarterly Earnings Release, and Technical Update - Research Reports on Starbucks, Liberty Global, Time Warner, Men's Wearhouse and Wynn
- Liberty Global Named to Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
- Comcast and Liberty Global Announce Agreement to Connect U.S. and European Wi-Fi Networks