News: Liberty Global PLC (LBTYA.OQ)
Wed, Nov 20 2013
BARCELONA - Liberty Global, Europe's biggest cable group will sell mobile services as part of all-inclusive bundles across its 12 markets in the coming years but is not yet convinced that such so-called quadruple-play offers are a big attraction.
* To offer quad-play in all markets in coming years - CFO
FRANKFURT - U.S. Cable company Liberty Global has appointed a European mobile chief as it pushes into wireless services to meet growing demand for television, broadband, mobile and fixed-line services - so-called "quad play" - from one provider.
FRANKFURT, Nov 1 - U.S. Cable company Liberty Global has appointed a European mobile chief as it pushes into wireless services to meet growing demand for television, broadband, mobile and fixed-line services - so-called "quad play" - from one provider.
Oct 30 - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
- AMC Networks Inc said it would buy Chellomedia, the international content unit of John Malone's Liberty Global Plc, for about $1.04 billion, giving it greater control over the global distribution of its programs.
* AMC to distribute programming through Chellomedia networks
* IPO values company at up to 5.57 bln euros including debt
* LGI at pains to let investors class exposures separately
LOS ANGELES - Netflix Inc CEO Reed Hastings said on Monday he was hopeful the company would reach a deal with Comcast Corp and other pay television providers to offer his company's movie and TV streaming service through cable set-top boxes.
- Tracking George Soros's Portfolio - Q3 2013 Update
- Tracking David Einhorn's Portfolio - Q3 2013 Update
- Liberty Global Set To Accelerate Growth In 2014
- Liberty Global's CEO Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Why Liberty Global Should Make A Move For Ziggo
- AMC Breaks Big, Buys Chellomedia for $1.035 Billion, Shares Drop