Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHAG.DE)
Thu, Jul 21 2016
* Says Lufthansa, Honeywell and Airbus want to develop a new safety system
FRANKFURT Lufthansa , Germany's largest airline, on Wednesday cut its full-year profit target, saying advance bookings to Europe had declined significantly due to "terrorist attacks in Europe and to greater political and economic uncertainty".
* Says H1 revenues fell to 15.0 bln euros (Adds details on results, background)
FRANKFURT Lufthansa's budget unit Eurowings, which it sees as a tool for consolidation among European airlines, is considering acquiring some of loss-making rival Air Berlin's routes, German daily Handelsblatt reported, citing sources.
ZURICH, July 6 Lufthansa unit Swiss International Air Lines will decide whether to upgrade a further five Bombardier CSeries jets to the larger variant by the end of the year, the carrier's chief executive said on Wednesday.
* Lufthansa exec says agreement with cabin crew will result in personnel unit costs being reduced by 10 percent over next few years Further company coverage:
* Advance bookings down, but last-minute bookings at higher prices
BERLIN, July 1 Lufthansa on Friday named Ulrik Svensson, chief executive of Swedish industrial investment company Melker Schorling AB as its new chief financial officer, to replace Simone Menne, who resigned earlier this month.
* Reaches positive mediation result in Lufthansa cabin staff wage talks Further company coverage:
BERLIN Lufthansa will roll out satellite-based broadband onboard short-haul flights starting from October, it said on Monday, as customers increasingly demand to stay connected in the air.