Macy's Inc (M.N)
Fri, May 12 2017
Nordstrom Inc on Thursday became the latest department store operator after Macy's and Kohl's to report weaker-than-expected quarterly same-store sales, underscoring the industry's struggle to attract customers amid a slump in demand for apparel and a shift to shopping online.
* Macy's shares hit 6-yr low in regular trade, weigh on rivals (Adds Nordstrom's earnings; updates shares)
* CFO on conf call- international tourists sales declined at about the same rate as Q1 comp sales
* Futures down: Dow 49 pts, S&P 6.75 pts, Nasdaq 19.25 pts (Adds details, comments, updates prices)
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.35 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
May 11 Department store operator Macy's Inc reported a 39 percent drop in quarterly profit, hurt by a decline in sales and as higher inventory weighed on margins.
Department store operator Macy's Inc and Tailored Brands Inc have agreed to wind down operations of a tuxedo rental license agreement, the companies said on Wednesday.
* Macy's Inc- company , Tailored Brands announced their joint plan to wind down operations under Tuxedo rental license agreement
* Adcare appoints BRIAN M. SZAMES, former treasurer of Macy's, to board of directors Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Signed deals with U.S. department stores Macy's and Bloomingdale's