Mattel Inc (MAT.O)
* Shares fall 6.2 in extended trading (Adds CEO comment, background)
* Q1 earnings per share view $-0.07 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Q1 gross margin down 410 basis points, driven mainly by negative impact from changes in currency exchange rates
April 20 Toymaker Mattel Inc reported a smaller-than-expected drop in quarterly net sales, as strong demand for its Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price toys helped offset the loss of a lucrative Disney license.
U.S. toymakers Mattel Inc and Hasbro Inc have held talks about a possible merger, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. | Video
Feb 4 U.S. toymakers Mattel Inc and Hasbro Inc have held talks about a possible merger, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Mattel Inc reported a surprise rise in quarterly net sales, its first increase in over two years, as sales of its Barbie dolls recovered and demand rose for its Hot Wheels toys.
* Shares rise 6 pct after market (Adds CEO comment, background; updates shares)
* Q4 earnings per share $0.63; Q4 adjusted earnings per share $0.67 including items; Q4 net sales of $2 billion versus. $1.99 billion