Malayan Banking Bhd (MLYBY.PK)
26 May 2017
Thu, May 25 2017
* Q1 net profit 1.7 bln rgt vs 1.2 bln avg forecast of 3 analysts
KUALA LUMPUR, May 25 Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank) posted a 19 percent jump in first-quarter net profit on the back of regional loans growth, improvement in net interest margin and lower net impairment losses.
* Perpetual (asia) limited, as trustee of VI-REIT has entered into facility agreement with Malayan Banking Berhad, Singapore branch
* Refers to proposed disposal of Maybank Indonesia's entire equity interest of 68.55 pct in WOM Finance to PT Reliance Capital Management
* Refers to Maybank's claim that Semua Shipping had defaulted on the term loan granted by Maybank
* Tan Sri Dato' Megat Zaharuddin Bin Megat Mohd nor will step down as chairman with effect from 31 March 2017
* Expects to post loan growth of 6-7 percent in 2017 (Adds company comment, further earnings details, loan growth forecast)
HONG KONG, Feb 23 Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank) reported a 43 percent rise in fourth-quarter net profit on Thursday, as Malaysia's largest lender by assets boosted loan growth while investment income rose.
* year ago, qtrly net profit 1.65 billion rgt, qtrly revenue 11.05 billion rgt
BRIEF-Malayan Banking's Indonesian unit enters deal to dipose interest in Wom Finance for 229.08 mln RGT
* Indonesian unit entered into shares purchase agreement with PT Reliance Capital Management on 11 Jan