News: Altria Group Inc (MO)
22 Sep 2014
Mon, Sep 15 2014
LONDON/BRUSSELS - SABMiller's rejected bid for smaller brewer Heineken has revived talk about deals that could reshape the global beer industry in coming months.
NEW YORK, Sept 15 - U.S. stocks were mixed on Monday with the tech sector weighing on the Nasdaq and S&P 500 as investors make space for Alibaba's planned debut later this week.
NEW YORK, Sept 15 - Talk about further consolidation in the brewing industry was helping lift consumer staple stocks on the S&P 500, with the largest gainers Altria , in point terms, and Molson Coors, percentage-wise.
CHICAGO - Electronic cigarettes may be more tempting to non-smoking youths than conventional cigarettes, and once young people have tried e-cigarettes they are more inclined to give regular cigarettes a try, U.S. researchers said on Monday.
CHICAGO, Aug 25 - Electronic cigarettes may be more tempting to non-smoking youths than conventional cigarettes, and once young people have tried e-cigarettes they are more inclined to give regular cigarettes a try, U.S. researchers said on Monday.
Aug 1 - The electronic cigarette, touted as a way to cut smoking, is facing a serious contender that even smokers find sexy.
By Jilian Mincer, Anjali Athavaley and Anjuli Davies NEW YORK/LONDON, July 15 - Reynolds American Inc had no choice but to sell Lorillard Inc's top-selling blu electronic cigarettes brand after Britain's Imperial Tobacco Group Plc insisted it be part of a wider portfolio of assets it is buying, a source familiar with the transaction said. The U.S. companies said on Tuesday that they were selling blu and a group of traditional cigarette brands to Imperial to ease antitrust co
(Adds Altria comment, Reynolds and Lorillard not immediately available for comment)
- An Illinois state appeals court has reinstated a $10.1 billion verdict against Philip Morris USA in a lawsuit accusing the Altria Group Inc unit of misleading consumers about the risks of smoking "light" cigarettes. Philip Morris USA said it will appeal immediately.
(Adds labeling changes, market share, updated stock price, paragraphs 10-11 and 15)
- Smoke And A Coke? Dollar General Maintains An Old Reliable Sales Initiative
- Is Philip Morris Really A Bull Trap?
- The Bull Trap That Is Philip Morris International
- LIFO Vs. FIFO: The Dying Gasp Of A Beloved Accounting Practice?
- 30 Nifty Fifty State Dividend Dogs Hound 13% September Upsides
- Why Altria Group (MO) Stock Is Up Today
- Market Activity, Upcoming Earnings, Ratings, Progress Report, and Brand Rejuvenation - Research Reports on Altria, Nike, Molson, Mondelez and Kraft
- Financial Results, New Campaigns, Market Activity, and Earnings Guidance - Research Reports on PVH, Nike, Mondelez, Altria and Under Armour
- Pre-market Equity Watch on Tobacco Industry - Altria Group, Philip Morris Intl., Reynolds American, 22nd Century Group, and Vector Group
- Altria Presents at the Barclays Back-To-School Consumer Conference; Reaffirms 2014 EPS Guidance
- Financial Results, Updated Website, Technical Updates, and Increase in Dividend - Research Reports on Hillshire, Tyson, Herbalife, Altria and Mondelez
- Altria Companies’ Employee Fund Donates $3.1 Million to Nonprofits
- Strategic Partnership, Dividend, Technical Updates, and Tender Offer Extension - Research Reports on Monster, Whirlpool, Michael Kors, Altria and Tyson
- Altria Increases Quarterly Dividend by 8.3% to $0.52 per Common Share
- Altria to Host Webcast from the Barclays Back-To-School Consumer Conference
- Technical Updates, Rig Count Report, Product Recall, and Earnings Releases - Research Reports on Apache, Baker Hughes, Altria, Tyson Foods and Lorillard